Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

August 12, 2020

Yesteryear
One year ago today: August 12, 2019, the bank’s error.
Five years ago today: August 12, 2015, Eventually, I dropped millet.
Nine years ago today: August 12, 2011, 16.7 cents per dollar.
Random years ago today: August 12, 2014, I miss my hobby.

           Today could be the beginning of the end. My therapist has said to cut my bass playing in half, no more than every other day. That’s already a second opinion. Read today’s addendum and I’ll tell you what they do if all else fails. So we have the leftist game plan in the open. A “woman of color” is second in line if Biden gets in, but I don’t think this is going to play out for them. Biden is too obviously a stooge and the woman would never stand a chance on her own. The Democrats are up to their old Hillary tricks, it’s an historic moment, etc, never mind the issues, it’s a woman of color, can’t you see?
    
       This woman said two months ago once the left has regained its “rightful place in the White House”, anybody who supported Trump will feel “the vengeance of a nation”. She vows no stone will be left unturned hunting them down on a national scale for some unspecified punishment. Possibly she’s under the mistaken impression the Democrats have already taken everybody’s guns away. I don’t know but she won’t last long. Timcast notes Kamala is the Finnish word for infernal.

           [Author’s note: the woman Kamala is not African. After slavery ended, thousands of Hindus from India were brought to the Caribbean area. However, based on what happens in the “Jamaican” ghettos in eastern Canada, they can get vicious when called on this point. I believe she got into the USA via the ghetto connection.]

           I’m stashing enough resources to weather another bank shutdown. The left is not only pushing for mail-in votes, they are saying the scamdemic will kill all those who show up in person. And CNN (Communist News Network) is now referring to their violent riots as “rallies”. Like this blog said, if Trump wants to become immortal, don’t just win against these Marxists, but crush them as a political force. And have you heard the latest MSM rumor, that Biden is faking his fragility to get the senior vote? Once elected, he will do somersaults. What the H-E –double hockey sticks is that all about?

           I’ve got my own worries. I have put a lot of eggs in my bass-playing basket. It is more than the music but try explaining that to anyone. I do not know how to date, party, travel, relax at home, or meet women any other way. Well, that’s exaggerating, but any other way is a hassle. Here’s a picture of something, the closest thing I saw in Lakeland to a great sculpture. It’s not for fire because those must be painted red. After therapy, which is way over near downtown, I took a stroll. I know Lakeland must have some form of popular gathering spot but I’ve never found it. The town is boring, but they do have a cluster of “lawyer bars” near a central park. Amusingly a lot of them have names and décor that reflects the huge Florida hand-rolled cigar industry of former times.

Picture of the day.
Strangely familiar Chinese airplane.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           A little research shows me there is an alternative to the smart starter on the weedwacker. I saw the port but only knew about the battery powered starter mechanism. And you can rely on batteries only until you really need them. But I was unaware of a small clutch that fits on your electric drill that accomplishes the task, see photo (I still think my spring powered idea has merit because of the nature of batteries.). Since the drill can be cordless, my idea is uneconomical—but still a valid concept Batteries work until you rely on them.
           So I tried to find one, sold by Sears Hometown. I should have remembered that the Sears website is a total millennial brain-fart, one of the worst. It is based on that disgusting premise the user is more likely to buy the longer you keep him clicking. The site is also a case study on how millennials think they know more about what you want than you do, as in MicroSoft-think. You pretty much have to know the Sears part number to find anything in less than 50 clicks.
           Progress today was minimal. For the first time in years, I took something apart to see how it works, in this case a paper shredder. For unknown reasons the motor won’t run. The wiring is new and looks in perfect shape so maybe that’s a salvage. I was moving my exercise regimen, including the pulleys out to the shed area, the first of many things to be removed from the house. I didn’t have it all my way, as the therapy this morning was intense and I now realize that my shoulder blade is part of the damage. It got hit twice, first by the bad guy’s truck grill, then somehow I hit the ground twice, once on my left rib cage and again right smack on the upper arm that had been injured around ten years ago.

           As they probed for the source of the pain, I began to feel the connection to the shoulder blade. This is not good, that’s the direction he hit me from but my bass playing shoulder got all the attention, naturally understandable for me. Also, around late afternoon, I began to experience what I can best describe as a smoker’s hangover. Not sure what that is, sunshine? Go sit in a smoky bar and drink too many whiskey shots. Next day the combination will hit you. Except I don’t smoke or drink whiskey. In case you ask, yes I’m concerned over the increased frequency that aches and pains have made it to press as the premise here is only the “most” of any day is bloggable, no matter how great or small.
           I tend to regard most signs of it as the consequence of my long-term recovery and generally working a lot more per day than even five years ago, and no comparison to ten years. Nor do I think I’m only getting old on one side. And I don’t spend enough days doing nothing to know it that makes any difference. I hope not, one of the most pitiful things I can think of is old farts who have no hobbies or interests who do nothing all day. My plans for bass playing reach 25 years into the future.

           Just now I remembered something y’day that will cheer me up. I know this guy from Mulberry who drinks every day, so he’s around whenever I stop in. I thought he was at least ten years old erthan me. Last time he was with some ladies talking ages and they too him to be mid-70s. Turns out he’s only 61. In the process, he pointed at me and said how about him. They had no reason to lie and both spoke at the same time, saying I was mid-fifties. Ta-dah. How’s the saying go, time spent playing bass is not deducted from your lifespan.
           Last, for the record, the steroid pills (they did not renew the prescription) had a peculiar but not unpleasant taste of burnt sugar. I changed my mind on that treatment once my work clothes all began to have a faint aroma of the same. Weird.

ADDENDUM
           Got shoulder pain that won’t abate? I do, and I can only raise my arm around half way. Memorize that because they do, and I’ll describe the treatment. Since the collision, I experience pain lifting my arm at a specific angle. They put you under general anesthesia. While you are out cold, they bend your arm all the way it is supposed to about 30 times. They “break” your arm to fix it. When you come out of anesthesia, then you will learn what pain is. I may have no choice.
           To top it off, silver falls below $26. Come on people, start hoarding. The scamdemic isn’t over, give me your cash so I can turn it into real assets before prices rise. I know the drill. Also, a word from Bryne, he is not faring well and I plan to visit in September in case it’s never again. Things are that bad over there. He is the most fanatical guitar dresser I’ve known, he can straighten a truss rod by feel that later measures less than 1/1000th of an inch off. He’s the master of light strings and low action.

Last Laugh

           [Author's note: this post is not political. I disrespect all women who sleep around for personal gain or commit adultery. It is a personal outlook. If only a fraction of this woman's reputation is true, she should not be lionzed. The fact she is a politician is incidental to my opinion of her.]