Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Saturday, August 15, 2020

August 15, 2020

One year ago today: August 15, 2019, 1980s guitar drivel.
Five years ago today: August 15, 2015, one weak point per statement.
Nine years ago today: August 15, 2011, important issues first.
Random years ago today: August 15, 2004, no hurricane Charley.


           I’ve started on the shelving, this is the narrow shelf to sit back against the work counter for ready access items. It isn’t permanent until I find some way to make it not bounce when I have to pound things on the bench, which is inevitable. It’s a generic Saturday morning. Blog says I still have to relate the biggest happenings. And unlike Google, you don’t change the rules once you find something that works. I made rice for breakfast. I planned to spend the full incentive check on a new kitchen counter. The other one has a clogged drain that must be past the trap, since I can’t clear it with a plunger.

           I read my tech feeds to notice a ransomware attack that may do some good, they hit a medical bill collector. TMOR, the reason American medical costs so much is two-fold. Medical schools vastly overcharge to become a doctor and once they graduate, it’s pay-back time. That’s closely followed by the biggest American scam, medical insurance. It allows doctors and hospitals to VASTLY overcharge for everything.
           The problem is, those super-high costs are often passed on to patients who cannot afford insurance and for procedures, often unknown to the patient, that are not covered. That’s how I lost my Cadillac. Without the debt collectors, the hospitals would have to charge reasonable prices. The insurance industry and debt collectors love this circle jerk. I told you about the “medical documents” you must sign or be refused treatment. They indemnify you for life and your family after that. Normally, they go for your house. The worst company, RCM (stands for ‘revenue cycle management’) has been hit. The problem is, these places not only store your entire credit history, but your medical history as well. The Defray virus spreads by e-mail targeting medical debt collectors, it’s disguised as a patient report. I believe hospitals should not be allowed to give out such reports to ANY non-medical entity—only your name and address. No phone number, no social security number, no work history. The average heart attack cost is now over $121,000. It should be $15,000. I have no mercy for the debt collectors who perpetuate that scam. I have yet to see a hospital or clinic that publishes their prices as is now required by law.

           Today I prepare the new shed for total enclosure while I’m away. We had another bicycle theft, this time next door. Mind you, these East Indian made bikes retail for over $300 and are claimed to have “DNA that gets you stoked” to hit the skatepark and bust out some tricks. Still, the theft was opportunistic so I shall seal the whole work area because I have not time to build doors until September. It will simply look like a fenced in compound. The canopy is painted to look like a basketball court from the drone. The radishes on average have not gotten bigger in the past five days, so I have lots to learn. I think I have some onions, but only three.
           One advantage of having a mechanic neighbor is expert knowledge. He took on peek at my edge trimmer and said the speed clutch is identical to several other models, and they are sold by Lowe’s and Ace. That could mean I’m weed-eating by later today. He also has a pole saw attachment for the same unit which I can borrow. Saves me $100 right there. I’ve got another potential tune, “Head Over Boots”, it can have two bass lines. One that follows the strumming, the other that’s all over the place. Guess which one I’ll choose? I’ve got the idea that instead of working in this heat with what I have, why not drive the air-conditioned car over to Winter Haven and pick up supplies? Hang around somewhere until that sun gets over at least the tree tops. Yeah, that’s a better plan. Catch you later.

Picture of the day.
Large “observation” bee hive.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           I put up the braces for the fence panels, explaining to the neighbor I’m not walling him off. I also got 8 feet of narrow shelving nailed together, all pallet wood. See photo. The neighbor is not so much a liberal as one of the millions of Americans who agree in principle with welfare, but have no clue how the welfare system operates, how much is paid out, what qualifies as welfare, and worst, don’t realize that probably half of the people who are getting it are scamming the system and another half of the remainder are not disabled at all. Anxiety attacks when they have to get a job and nonsense like that. The follow on there is you can never get such people to face or even listen to the facts.
           They are unwitting supporters of a system that if they knew what was really going on, they’d be outraged. He does not foresee any problem with the number of people over the past six months who got a taste of welfare and realize they are better off not working. I’ve often said, put me on welfare, give me free rent, food stamps, educate & innoculate my kids for free, give me a bus pass and free medical, and hell yes I’ll work for minimum wage. That would give me $300 per week spending money. Wait, I already have that. Ah, but it’s my money, I’m not on welfare.

           The shelving is in place and we now have radio again. There is light only, not electrical outlets. There are 48 planned for this work area and the tell bench which will angle off the left from the far corner. The tools seen on the bench are not staying there, but shows the progress made in testing and maintenance. These are a group of sanders that have just been oiled and checked. The outlets will be arrayed along the top of the shelf, then another set of larger shelves goes on top of that. Got to love that pallet lumber. I’m just off the Winter Haven now, just as I was about to leave earlier we got a blinding rainstorm. So I had coffee and worked on what you see here, inside in the nice dry shelter. Remind me to get a coffee maker for out there. I’m sold on the K-cup system.
           What you can’t see here is the way this clean up is freeing prime counter space inside the white shed. Lots of beautiful plywood units used mostly to store the cans and things you see here so I could not get to things or use the area for work. And that shed quickly got covered with sawdust. The collection vacuum is due in September but not a priority. There is an exterior light going up for the chicken coop area. These I couple with some useful interior light to make sure it doesn’t get left on, like I did with my attic lights one time I was in Tennessee. Now I use pilot light switches or some kind of system.

ADDENDUM
           I’m still sifting through the Google blog settings to find some way to access my earlier posts. I can’t believe they could possibly be stupid enough to completely disable it. Usually a nerd will rename a feature to something totally non-descriptive. So far nothing, but I have something called robot tags. In other tech-type news, some “college kid’ faked a blog with A.I. that fooled thousands. Instead of marveling how he did it (which is quite simple), they should take a better look at what sort of people fell for it. Nomsayn?
           Europe announces a 3D printer that builds two-story houses. The announcement is premature. All it does is use a standard crane-mounted concrete nozzle to print the bearing walls. Nothing new here except size and it still leaves that ugly ribbed pattern that needs to be finished with regular methods. All partitions, floors, and extras must be fitted by hand. At 15 days, it is not that much faster than a good crew.

           Politics are left till last. The radical left and its political arm the Democrat party have essentially announced if they can harvest this election, they will begin a nation-wide systemic punishment of anyone who supported Trump. This could mean revolution, secession, and civll war. The leftists have infiltrated the civil service to the extent everyone is on file and just like in Russia, there is no escaping. And look who voted for Trump.

                      The middle class
                      The working class
                      The taxpayer class
                      The silent majority
                      Most of the disaffected.

           If the left gets in, don’t sleep. Don’t even blink. They are still sending blank mail-in ballots to only registered Democrats, often by the dozen to each household. So their goldfish can vote, too. And the ballots list only Democrat candidates, no mention of Trump. They are spreading the rumor Trump won’t leave the White House because he knows he’ll be arrested. Good luck with that, Nancy. But beware of the police these days. They follow orders of city politicians instead of upholding the pro-citizen laws they are sworn to obey.
           This time, things are serious. Trump has learned it is not good enough to win, he must crush the opposition because they still control the apparatus. If he wins, he will go down in history as a hero comparable to Thermopylae, Waterloo, and D-Day. And Trump’s administration has learned to fight fire with tire. The radical left forgot the post office is also a media form and left it alone. Trump simply appointed a Republican as Postmaster General. The mail-in vote fraud needs the post office, so the new guy eliminated overtime, delayed the delivery of the ballots, and removed the sorting machines. And UPS and Fedex won’t carry the ballot boxes.

           A disturbing case in Europe, a potential test of the “right to be forgotten” law. It applies to a right that what you say or do on-line cannot stay there permanently. Some German princess went on a bender in Scotland and posted about killing Muslims. The Germans want it taken down, since it was obviously a drunken rage. The Scots, being Scots, are not so willing. My interest in the matter is to see if the law applies only to royalty.
           And I would like to view the “offensive” meme called “Jo & the Ho” but it seems to have completely disappeared off-line. That’s the power of monopoly coupled with leftist censorship. It’s like trying to find a picture of the once ubiquitous tattooed lampshade claimed to be concentration camp skin. DNA tests proved it was pigskin.

Last Laugh
PPP