Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Sunday, July 18, 2021

July 18, 2021

Yesteryear
2020.html> July 19, 2020, working on my shed.
Five years ago today: July 19, 2016, scooters, robotics, etc.
Nine years ago today: July 19, 2012, show me a picture, dammit.
Random years ago today: July 19, 2013, The Segregated Marshmallow Event.

           A glorious day, perfect morning weather. Let me get that second birdfeeder happening. But not before morning coffee. Should I take a Sunday drive? When I last watched TV much, back in the last century, the usual fare was comedy shows. Red Skelton was the favorite, but we had Bewitched, Gilligan’s Island, and junk like Green Acres. I found out they allowed the actors to drink real booze on the set. That explains why so many of these shows eventually had some of them getting married and having a baby two months later. Last evening, I finally did get around to the bass line of “Suspicious Minds” and that will be a challenge to do right on stage, as I have no doubt the original person was sitting down in a studio.
           Feast your eyes on this stained pallet wood. Pretty nice, though these are the two best pieces of the lot. I got around to testing the new cooler. It is a Peltier, a type of solid state arrangement which I’ve never studied. It seems to work by joining two materials. They have the property of drawing either heat or cold from one material to the other, depending on which side has a fan blowing on it. And they work best by heating or cooling your food beforehand. If you really want hot food, rig up a microwave.

           [Author’s note: a car microwave may not be for you. They are dreadfully inefficient and can temporarily draw your starter batter down below 11.7 volts. In the end, that wrecks your battery unless you pay for deep discharge models, so you should have both a separate battery power supply and a way to recharge it. I recommend a 110V portable power station, often falsely called “generators”. They ain’t cheap.
           Get at least 540AmpHours if you want to run a fan or electric blanket all night. Don’t bother with the solar panel chargers. They work but have to be set up and taken down outdoors which isn’t fun. They charge best in weather you’d rather be doing something else, trust me. The panels are so conspicuous, plan to stand around to keep any eye on them for seven hours at a time.
           My advice? Pull into a laudromat, plug in and your good in an hour. Plus, you now have clean underwear. The really good models, like EcoFlow, carry a weighty $1,400 price tag, see below. I can’t find much into on how a car will recharge the unit. Like if you can leave it plugged in and important details like that.]


           So, Chicago is going to begin sending mental health counselors on 911 calls. In towns like that, it makes sense one supposes. They probably know who the cronics are, but they still have not hit on the one thing that cures a vast majority of mental problems. Send them the bill. And watch Big Tech squirm when they find out the Democrats, who promised them the world, just cannot keep a secret. It is illegal to try to overthrown the US government by any covert means. I mean, did Facebook, Google, Amazon, Twitter, and gang think they would get away with it?
           Now some good news, for me. I’ve kept up with the therapy regimen on days I work in the shed, so call it around 2/3 of the time. My pulleys and elastics are out there. Imagine my happy this morning when without thinking I reached upward without thinking to hang my line squeezer on a hook above my head. After nearly four years, I can lift my arm that high. The downside is I can’t do it with my arm straight, but still. Big improvement. I wonder, I mean not quite straight, but better than before and does this mean far enough to drive my sidecar? Pretty please, four years is long enough to suffer.

           And I leave you with a mystery. Last day something fell down in the kitchen. I heard and it wasn’t something small. Yet there is nothing to be found. It was like a small pot or a heavy broom handle. The kitchen isn’t big, I call it the galley. What fell? Oh, and if you are sitting here at night and hear scratching noise, it isn’t rats or mice. In humid weather, the tree branches get heavy and will scrape the roof in the wind. You are right, I better go for a drive, but first some pictures. Do you see any pictures? Then you know what just happened.
           It becomes almost habit, you walk past the pulleys and do five reps. You still have to be motivated. I put in five hours in the shed today when I should have been studying. That’s the morning. The birdfeeder is installed, I got new tarp around the dryer and clamped up the lid panels for the chainsaw box. And finally put a new wee shelf beside the shed door. It’s to set things on while you open the combination lock. It takes two hands to do it right and up to now no place to set anything but on the ground. Took me long enough.

Picture of the day.
Seized counterfeit vodka.
( ‘i’ before ‘e’???)
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           The best commonly available portable power station, the Delta EcoFlow, and real data is hard to come by. The mentality of these reviewers out there is something to behold. Imagine the scenario, your electricity went out and you have no idea for how long. According to the data, there must be millennials out there who, when faced with this situation, must actually consider the following information vital enough to publish

                      a) run a washing machine for 85 minutes
                      b) operate a mini-vacuum for 5 hours
                      c) make toast for 110 minutes
                      d) use a pot cooker for 80 minutes

           I know. It is difficult to imagine such people can wipe their own noses. I’ve gone months without electricity in Florida. It sounds like those people would not last a day. What I’d like to know is how long it will power a 15 watt bulb, enough to make sure I don’t crack into the furniture at night. A small fan so I can sleep without A/C. An electric blanket if it get’s cold. Beyond that, it would be smarter to buy a gas generator. Yep, the Internet has produced a new class of citizen, the shit-for-brains demographic.
           This is a kit draw being glued up. Most Ikea-like kits don’t ask for glue and you get eventual warping. I had stored my latest Nautical Almanac in this drawer, the year is 2014 but it is still great for practice. Now my interest in doing so is back. I’m so easy to predict. You’d walk past me on the street and say, I’ll be that guy would calculate the geographic position of the Sun, Moon, major planets, and 27 stars, if you’d let him. In reality, I make a game of it by finding nearby land masses. My usual local time is late PM, so the Sun is near some Pacific Islands by then. In fact, let’s pretend this is 2014 and the time right now is 3:14:44PM. That’s 19:14:44 Greenwich Mean Time.

           At 15:00 that date, the Sun was over the spot 103° 26.2” with a declination of N20°55.8”. For 14:44 after the hour, add 3° 41.0” for an actual longitude of 107° 07.2”. It would seem easy to plug those into some app and find out where that is, but no such luck. Whereas I criticized the generations older than me, I paid attention to the times they were right. Nowadays, they ignore anything they please, so the on-line sites deal with decimal points. Some say they will accept degrees and minutes, but don’t give a template. Typing things in verbatim doesn’t work. Most of the “converters” only convert to decimal, which figures. Doing it the other way requires brains.
           There’s a way to trick Google maps, but only an approximation. I have a spot some 40 miles WSW of Cleopha Island. Huh? Yeah, ten square miles off the Mexican coast, no fresh water, part of a chain of four islands used as a prison colony until 2019. It is the surname of one of three Mary’s mentioned in the New Testament. It is far enough offshore to watch for its resurrection as the only safe resort left in Mexico. And this tidbit is why I think navigation is much more interesting that stamp collecting.
           Not that it’s important, but since the islands are 62 miles off the Mexican coast, they cannot be seen from the mainland. Hence they remained undiscovered for thousands of years by the First Nations, Aztecs, and any of the other “great civilizations” from whom we are told were so advanced and intelligent and cultivated and knowledgeable and the list goes on.

           Now what? Tesla is out to charge users $199 per month for the touted “self-driving” mode. And it doesn’t do that. Drivers are still required to be alert with both hands on the wheel “ready to take over in an instant”. Morons who enter into such a deal only think it is they who own the car. What happens when you are on the freeway and the subscription expires? Do you think Tesla cares? And the next step is easy to see—Telsa begins to tell you where you are allowed to go.
           It won’t be long before lazy drivers accustom themselves to sleeping at the wheel, then borrowing a car. Then there is this Japanese outfit that claims they built a robot that could play saxophone. I tried to listen to it, but all I got was this (always Skip Ads) awful noise. It sounds like some half-crazy tone-deaf dodo trying to find the right note for over three minutes. Squeaking and squawking all over the place. Not a single clear tone after the 1:00 minute mark. It finds some note right at the end, but it dies a lonely death.

ADDENDUM
           The Democrats and leftists have gone insane. Like I told ya, they have only simple tactics one at a time. And this audit eruption has taken them by surprise. I guess they figured they could pretend it away with press releases. Their constant denials of wrongdoing have worn thin on dozens of issues and now this one is rearing up. And I’ll tell you why. Because the behavior of Biden and his masters is not that of innocent people. This polarized a lot of opinion, in that now you are either for or against audits—and those against are making asses of themselves.
           They have also proven reluctant to change a tactic once they commit. For instance, how they continue to cry “no evidence” when it is blatant somebody was cheating. They may not know who did the cheating, but they know it was always in favor of Biden. There is building public distress as people conclude this has been going on for decades. TMOR readers, the fun will start when the audit results explode upon the scene. The radical left is already trying to censor the news and are preparing to belittle the findings, but this fools nobody. Imagine, them trying to put a lid on a pot this big.
           There are just too many alternate information sources that cropped up due to rotten behavior by Big Tech since last year. I’ve traditionally had little interest in politics and what caught my attention was not any campaign issues, but the way all the media began attacking this Trump guy at once. Me and a million others got super-interested at that point. He did not even know about the sophisticated political machinations they were suddenly accusing him off. Above all else, what got my attention, along with this blog, was the disgusting, repugnant behavior of that Hillary person. Maybe it was her attitude that no bloodly upstart was going to steal what she saw as rightfully hers.

Last Laugh