Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Monday, August 16, 2021

August 16, 2021

Yesteryear
One year ago today: August 16, 2020, mortally offended.
Five years ago today: August 16, 2016, final club meeting.
Nine years ago today: August 16, 2012, hidden in deep caverns.
Random years ago today: August 16, 2008, if they are wise.

           Biden will now go down in history as not only the stupidest President, but also the most cowardly. He's got a Viet Nam repeat on his hands that is so bad, even the left-controlled big media cannot save him on this one. It's beyond shameful but we are well to remember that embarrassment does not bother Democrats. So, let's switch to the big story of the day. We got out to visit with the Kaiser last evening. It's a craft brewery, meaning not my favorite venue, but halfway to downtown at least there is enough parking. Two weeks ago, he buys this banjo, which I know he doesn't play. We never let such small concerns stand in the way, so I'm even more sure than ever he's faking it because so do I.
           The crowd in such places on a Sunday evening can be less that brimming, but we did see a contingent of 30-ish women show up wearing their daughter's outfits, splaying at the seams. If you visit only pubs & clubs, you've be convinced there are not good-looking women left in America. It was bad enough before the Internet, but at least you could go far enough into the countryside to at least see some nice ones.
           The entire show was original music, including my favorite that I am sure if he pushed it could be the comedy country hit we've not seen since Johnny Cash left. That's "Beer-Flavored Kisses". Since the place served no Budweiser, I had two glasses of their local and whoa, that junk is 10% alcohol. Knocks you on your arse.

           I'm never gonna get out of here. This time I am not pet-sitting and I've explained how the Reb long since discovered the trick is to get me up and moving. The keep me busy. You see, this yard is twice the size of mine, and I can't keep up with mine. And here you get soggy leaves. If it was not for a couple of unplanned work breaks most days, I would not last. Laugh, some of you, but you will be lucky when you get past 60 to wind up with such a situation. I even found time to make chicken soup. And think about this: women take more time off than men to raise children by nearly the exact same percentage as they get paid less "for the same work". (Also, women gravitate to jobs that are less stressful, the true reason such jobs pay less has nothing to do with genders.)

           Which reminds us the Reb is a vegetarian for the most part. Huh? That means, are you listening up, that she does not eat certain things. Unless I cook them and they get left in the fridge. How many guys know what I mean, show of hands. Ha, that's what I thought. Particularly vulnerable are any take-home from the veggie restaurants we frequent, but also foods that rarely appear unless I'm here. Baby potatoes, baby corn, sweet potato, and certain spices. Put them away and they will just go poof!
           Ah, the truth is beginning to emerge. Carnival Cruise lines says if you are over a certain age and unvaccinated, you can still take the trip--for an additional fee of $150. That, folks, is what it was really about after all. Just you watch.

Picture of the day.
Syria, I think.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           I've decided to leave the Taurus until next trip. It provides immeasurable security merely being parked here and I don't really need the money. However, ask me again after I get the A/C repaired. The new doggie is dead weight, over 60 pounds of it at we have not yet trained him to heel or obey a leash. This means I control him by tugging and sure enough, he's figured out I have a bum right arm. I don't mind, because the therapist used to charge $400 per hour for much the same effect, but, always but, it leaves my bass arm fatigued. How do you supposed that doggie figured all this out? Keep steady pressure on that leash, and I'll soon either walk faster or turn for home and the coffee maker. And where the special doggie beds have extra cushions. Nature can be amazing.
           So can those idiots at the White House. They've made a royal mess out of everything they've touched and can't stop themselves. Just a few weeks ago, they promised there would be no Vietnam style panic out of Afghanistan and today the helicopters are flying again. And panic at the airport--precisely what Biden said would not happen. This is where things get really bad for America. They go into these countries and promise the world to locals who work for the cause. Then the Americans keep massive amounts of records on those people. When the Americans high-tail it, they leave the paperwork behind. This happens often enough that you know the Democrats are conducting a study.
           This is a wine label that characterizes the taste as “jammy”. They are plainly targeting the sophisticated American market. Wine that goes with toast. I’ll have the “Ripple Special” with extra bacon.

           Then there is the report by the Fortune 500 people that if Americans stick together, they can defeat the mask mandates and forced vax and the evil teacher's union. But that is the catch, the leftoids know the right cannot do that. The closest they came to unity was electing Trump, which they lost to the simplest and dirtiest tricks in the book. However, the sense at street level is there is a shift. Last day I mentioned how the fractures in the right seem to be based on divided loyalties and personality cults--exactly what the Democrats traditionally relied on.
           The change is a rallying around causes and issues, which handily become greater than can be controlled by mere left-leaning propaganda. This does nothing to alter my opinion that Trump may have known this all along. Where he was bound for glory, if he kicks Democrat ass again, he is bound for immortality.

ADDENDUM
           I've mentioned before one unnerving quirk of the Reb is her tendency to leave things as they were. I don't just mean that Thai curry paste in the fridge which expired a year ago. When the shed got cleaned, there were four huge boxes of records. Stuff I'd forgotten about totally. Like myself, she does not throw things like that away intact. Nor will they properly burn in a barrel, unless you want to stand there stirring the ashes until midnight. If you've ever tried to burn a book, you know how that goes. So today it was cooler and we get this brilliant idea to burn them in a fire pit, something I am good at. And which is also how I know some people tell tall tales. Burning trash & yard debris is man-time for me, the doggies, and the turtle. So far so good.
           In the shed, some of the paper had gotten damp. I was prepared to scrunch the sheets up so they would burn, but the papers tended to stick. So, some four hours later, there I was. The trick was to burn yard logs down to hot embers, whence the paper will keep burning but the logs were so old they didn't last. Between sore wrists and dying heat, I got thorugh one box in four hours. Also, nobody thought to do a beer run. Trash requires minimum one beer per hour, so lack of beer made time slow so badly even the turtle fell asleep.
           Safety first means I had a hose running. No nozzle, just running slow in case. Guys, just come over to one side and let me ask you a question. You know how women say guys sometimes behave like 12-year-olds? Yeah, well, the question is, why did I leave my camera in the house? That is the Reb splashing in the puddle. And that's all I'm gonna say about that, ha!

           Next I watch some Australian news. Yep, Biden just turned Afghanistan into the world's largest fully armed terrorist state. While some of the abandoned equipment cannot be serviced by sheepherders, there is enough conventional ordinance there to cause havoc for decades and to rate Biden as the Number One supporter of terrorism in all history. Much is being made how he is commanding forces that he will soon dishonorable discharge for refusing a poison injection. (But they are smart enough to know Biden is history and they will be reinstated.) The Arizona audit people have finally committed to a results date--next week. And it has thrown the Democrats into a frenzy to drown out the emerging facts. DC knows what is coming as they declare anyone who questions the election a terrorist. It would seem not so many people as before are against hanging.
           And yes, it is true. Biden has gone into hiding, Kamela is going on about trivial issues, and the White House spokesperson has taken an extended leave of absence. Biden wrongly thought pulling the troops out of Afghanistan would score him some desperately-needed Brownie points. The left-wing libtard press is tripping over themselves trying to blame the situation on anybody else. (They are actually claiming the disaster over there is because Trumpists are "blasting" Biden instead of supporting his decisions.) Plus, as one source puts it, never have 81 million Biden voters been so silent.

           I would once more wag a finger at other countries who call down America over any of this. The sad fact this trouble could not and did not ever happen in your wonderful countries is proof of one thing: that you sold out without a fight. I've been through plenty of other natioins that claim to be free, but that would be the same as claiming their systems and politics have been so perfect that they've avoided all mistakes since day one. I've first hand seen countries where people scream they are free while state-owned police trample on citizens and arrest church pastors. People so blind they cannot see their own chains.
           Freedom must be fought for, and that is what is happening in America and not where you people are. You may think you are free and immune to all this, but America is probably what is still saving you from abject slavery.

Last Laugh