Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Sunday, November 21, 2021

November 21, 2021

Yesteryear
One year ago today: November 21, 2020, voting machine notes.
Five years ago today: November 21, 2016, first batch of logs.
Nine years ago today: November 21, 2012, Marathon Key.
Random years ago today: November 21, 2017, a toilet paper coupon, actually.

           This morning saw some research on the Kodiak solar generator. This is a twisted name, since it generates nothing, but can be recharged with solar panels. The latest model is much improved and can be ganged with up to two spare batteries. Weighing in at $4,000 for the complete setup, it would take me over four years to break even on this place. However, compared to electric service installation in places like Tennessee, I would take a much deeper look at the total costs. The reviews are mostly positive, but appear to be mostly new users are are impressed rather than experienced.
           It has added features, such as you can plug you appliance into it and the unit into the wall. It stays dormant and topped up until an outage, when it takes over. What’s hard to find is info on how long the thing powers various normal usage loads. How long for a fridge, an A/C, or a box fan? Wait, the news feed is beeping. What’s this, the Austrian police and military have stopped enforcing the vaccine mandate. That’s going to hurt the left-wingers everywhere. It happened from pressure, not from violence, an important distinction.

           My ankle. Sore and swollen, which I attributed to poison ivy or something from working the wild back yard. Then I noticed to tiny puncture holes. No big deal until this morning, I find two identical holes in my left forearm. Slight puffiness, but is this the dreaded spider attack, or some tiny snake making his mark in the world? No photos, it’s just a pair of marks that seem indentical and what are the odds? The attack of the mystery insect. Where are my superpowers? Where are my babes with perfect bods and what about my secret identity? Life is so unfair.
           In consolation, I made this early preview Thanksgiving feast. I cheated a little, but this is an Apple Sunday. (Eat anything you want Sunday.) I used one of those bake in a bag turkey breasts, so it was an easy meal. They do add some spice I don’t care for but you can’t beat the gravy mix.

Picture of the day.
Manila slums.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           I wonder if this trip to Tennessee in the van is such a good idea. The calculation is it will cost me about the same for a breakdown on the road as a repair here, and I can get the van to run properly at least an hour at a time. The problem is that leak in the radiator housing, the plastic part that cannot be repaired. I can’t help thinking if I replace that radiator the thing will run until next summer, at which time I break even on it. On the other hand, my judgment in vehicle repair has never been that great.
           If I take it, the trip will be bare bones. Just a sleeping bag, air mattress and the essentials like my laptop and bass. Cannot travel without my bass. With that, I can always get back home.

ADDENDUM
           Statistics. South Africa went from the highest average IQ to the lowest average IQ on the continent in less than 30 years. Ask yourself what happened. And the mainstream media goes ballistic, taking the theme that if Rittenhouse had been black, the verdict would have been guilty. For openers, it was Rittenhouse’s first offense. And we have been seeing black killers with low bail and low sentences for a long time, so the CNN/MSNBC nonsense will only reach their minority fanatic viewership any more.

Last Laugh

           x margin-bottom: 1em; margin-right: 1em; margin-top: 1em; margin-left: 1em;