Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Thursday, January 6, 2022

January 6, 2022

Yesteryear
One year ago today: January 6, 2021, Beat Buddy, a waste of money.
Five years ago today: January 6, 2017, 10:00PM, I’m yawning.
Nine years ago today: January 6, 2013, I’m the original CL hacker.
Random years ago today: January 6, 2012, gossip-monger’s overtime.

           The day ends without a whimper. That is really sad news for the entities that counted on this being an opportunity to vindicate their insurrection hoax. It’s pure rumor, but they banked millions on a scheme to finger Trump as an on-going cause. But he said nothing and cancelled his presser and the Democrats/MSM had no backup plan. Tommy’s Garage had better ratings. America is so sad to hear about Ghizzie Maxwell committing suicide next week. Myself, I was busy 6:00AM to noon, which played me out. This new venture is also not kind to my bank account.
           In the end, I’ve so far paid for every aspect of what the plan only recommends. It’s a great experience, I’m propelled into a situation designed for use by credit junkies. I always knew people [who lived on credit] had altered thought patterns that have never been identified as a mental defect. I’m modifying my business philosophy to accommodate them. I invested in a plan backed by an organization saying they would assist. Well, they hoped otherwise but have now finally appointed a graduate law student to keep abreast of my questions.
           Finally, my agave or whatever plant is sprouting. See that wee guy peeking out from underneath? That goes directly to the spot in front of my north shed where his cousin is doing so well. The original plants from last year have more than doubled in size, one has tripled.

           This is an Internet start-up, the major difference is it is a better fit for our capabilities and came along at the right time. Some grim realities have been addressed which will all be forgiven when the first good news arrives. I’ve mention mobile notaries over the past year, how convenient they’ve become. All I’m saying is we’ve found one with amazing experience and capabilities. If you hear that this type of mobile service changes the whole business model, I tend to agree.
           The past month of chill has not been fun on my motorcycle injury. I invested in one of those rice pads, the product like a bean-bag you heat in the microwave. It stops the little episodes of cramps and crackling noise but I will never totally recover. There, did that wake you up? Yes, like some athletes, I can make sounds by working that muscle group.

Picture of the day.
Krakow University of Technology.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           The one-ring scam is back. Remember that? The robocall lets your phone ring once, which sets off your missed call alert. You call back and put you on hold. Some people actually fall for this, they wait on hold a long time before dropping off. Then they get their phone bill. I occupied the chilly afternoon by reviewing training modules and examining updated lists. You know, a lot of people are going to lose a lot of money unless they get some outside help. In our test county in Georgia, two listings from 2018 popped up. Worse, they don’t add to the end of the list, probably a deliberate ploy by the county to discourage refunds.
           We have a new 800 number, so I called up and sang myself a song. First time I’ve heard myself over the phone lines like that. Just never had any reason to bother with it before. I guess it is kind of neat but I rarely leave messages for a call-back. That stems from the phony real estate calls in the 80s, which is why I know about the one-ring scam. The real estate outfits were among the first to use networked databases, what was it, MLS they called it. This was before the Internet, so agents would advertise phony deals to get you to call their number, which was never answered but said to leave your name and number.
           This was used to do a credit check, during which they determined how much you could afford to borrow. If they did call back, it was to upsell you from the advertised property that you picked to some massive 30 year mortgage that would milk you dry for life. It was in direct response to this unsavory activity that the phone company made millions selling call-block.

           By now, you’ve noticed the mystery numbers on the framing square. Work along with me. The brand name says Mayes 10440 Made in USA. We’ll start by seeking a user manual. Hmm, the square is $18 plus S&H on Amazon, so I’m up $14 right there—and as I mentioned, the newer models are too light and will carry off in a brisk wind. Here we go, the numbers are on the back or heel of the square, which is properly held by the blade, the thicker arm, with the tongue or thinner blade on the right pointing down. These numbers are called “brace tables”. They are used to calculate the outside length of braces used in timber framing.
           Just by my thumb, that number shows a brace for a square rafter of 42 units by 42 units must be cut 57.40 inches units long. Follow the link, as I don’t have time or use to learn the details. It’s enough to know they are handy if you need ‘em.

Last Laugh