Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Friday, March 15, 2024

March 15, 2024

Yesteryear
One year ago today: March 15, 2023, always say “birdhouses”.
Five years ago today: March 15, 2019, poikilothermics.
Nine years ago today: March 15, 2015, on showing initiative.
Random years ago today: March 15, 2010, patents, skinny women, fat women.

           Not such a great day, how about you? I’ll attempt to pick out the few things that went right. I fixed the pet’s breakfast again at 5:30AM, which kind of puts a damper of plans to sleep in until noon. But I have permission to not cut any corners to make sure all is done right and on schedules. This may not be compatible with some life styles. This resulted in an instant upsurge I productivity.
           The event of the day would be the doggie car wash. If there’s time later, check for a video. The price was $15, that is, twice that of when they opened a year ago. And making it the most expensive shower I’ve ever paid for. Next closest was the pre-COVID Love’s Truck Stop north of Denver in 2017. The mainstream media is getting away with all manner of excuses for inflation, but all centered on the fact the average dumb American does not know the problem is caused by printing up fake money. By the trillions.

           That reminds me that y’day, I provided a link to Wired magazine. I forgot they are on my bad list for pushing unsavory content. The obituary article I linked was laced with woketardism, my apologies. I would not normally connect with articles that push hoaxes (COVID, climate change, and degeneracy) but a second also got past me. The article on robots. I mean, insipid does a magazine have to be to connect robots with fake news? Easy, the participants went to seminars where the losers could not help wasting time describing the social distancing of the seating arrangements and how the “pandemic” cancelled some of the events. The only thing missing was a half-dozen digs at Donald Trump.
           I succeeded in find a compatible XP computer in nearly new condition. It was the guy over on Donelson again, he saved many units after we discussed how valuable they would become. And they are, 386 units, or those that can have such software installed are now being advertised as high as $600 each. As I said 30 years ago, anybody who needs more than 300 gigs isn’t using his computer to get any work done.
           However, the computer, which he sold me for half price, will not work until I get it home and install XP. When used on-line, the install evokes a torturing hours-long relay of updates. We’ve been through this before in this blog. I don’t allow updates unless there is something I can’t get to work any other way.

           To make the morning a millennial piss-off, I actually had to drive over to the computer place because I could not leave a message. It takes true millennial shit-for-brains to cause that one. If a phone call reverts to message in this mode, this Samsung phone has to let the message timer run to the end. Why? To end the recording, the only command is to press #, but there is no practical way to get this phone to display the keypad. Way to go, Josh. No, you can’t just hang up or it deletes the message. Up yours, Tyler and Ho-Chi. You ain’t gonna make it.

Picture of the day.
Pine tree plantation.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           This is the apex of the afternoon: Chooks in the shower. Actually, he was a lot happier with the situation than this shows. But if we don’t find some place more economical, I’ll build a shower for that boy. There’s no special aspect to this except the dog is up at waist height. Ths was exhaust for us. So we stopped and got Thai sushi to go. We had not planned on watching a John Revolta movie, but we were too tired to go change the disk. So we watched “Basic”, a terrible picture. A bunch of army wierdos all give conflicting versions of a training murder. So-so acting and a scrawny leading lady.
           I did find time to review several of the sites that are offering the A.I. generated text-to-video software. They all go so far and stop, so I reject the sites that were intentionally avoiding White characters or over-doing it with Asians and such. We know they exist, we don’t need it shoved down our throats while speaking English and using media invented here.
           And I got millennialized on the way of the computer place. I saw the Burger King in Donelson on Lebanon Pike. BK has good coffee, but once again. You get into the turn lane, pull into the parking lot, walk up to the door, and find the tiny “closed for kitchen renovation sign”. Ten point font. Yes folks, this is the way America dies. They save 15 cents by not printing a big sign visible from the road. Watch then rub their hands together at how clever they are—until they realize the've created an atmosphere where every other greedy, useless bastard starts doing the same thing.

Last Laugh