Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Wednesday, April 29, 1981

April 29, 1981

           Can’t raise RofR. Stopped for one with Schrieber & Darryl. Heard Peckerhead lost 2 fingertips on the sticker. Discovered I have a retroactive raise to April 1. That day again? Coincidence, of course.
           Mailed the claim for P. Mont.* Thought about Tina all day. Goes to show – the best time to tell a woman you love her is before somebody else does. Seriously, she is the single most difficult decision I’ve ever made. It hurt bad.

           Also, I think Marg is going through her mating ritual. Some character in a VW (has that woman no balls) with whom she talks to for hours on end. And here I thought the boys these days were more sophisticated. Instead, three cheers for P.T. Barnum. Mr., drag the bitch in the bedroom and get I over with, I guarantee it’s the only thing she really contemplates non-stop.
           The quality of life is declining. I just turned by cupboards inside out, but it appears I do not own a box of cookies.

           [Author’s note 2023: I find some of this impossible to understand. The characters are long forgotten. There was no thought of this material being published forty years later. I think P. Mont. is short for Project Montana. Maybe I’ll remember it from context. The sticker is a piece of equipment that makes sticks. Tina is the gal who fell for me but nice as she was, there was something missing in me. I did contact her back in 2016 or so, but she disappeared again. Here is a typical 1981 magazine with a healthy white girl on the cover.]