Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Saturday, May 9, 1981

May 9, 1981

           Good news from R.H. Isn’t it strange. It was lonely at the bottom & it’s lonely at the top. And the companionship in between seems based on misery loving company. Well, the poor do nothing, the wealthy do nothing, and the millions between pay taxes and bills. So there was no half-measure for me, it had to be a quantum leap to where I was. Before I started I wanted and had nothing in common with some guy with a 40 year mortgage. Now that I own much property—I still feel the same.

           By the way, I’m not insinuating (this is for future idiots) I’m at the top. There is a figure of speech indicating my personal success has exceeding my personal expectations. I called Sarah for a laugh. Still shacked up. Yep, under 16 the parents are watching. 16 – 18 high school boys only. 18 – 21 surrounded by goons. 21+, – shacked up.

           It’s my imagination, but a few pretty girls glanced my way tonite. But I’ve learned. They just want me to make a move so they can go into their act. No thanks.

           [Author’s note 2023: this curious entry was typical of my style of the day. We had a property for sale, so that was likely the good news. This booklet is some of the oldest complete writings since much before 1981 there was no safe place to keep things. Many of the trite “sayings” of the day were being written by me for the first time, so be tolerant and focus on the motive.
           There were earlier records, but nowhere near as complete and daily, alas, what I was talking about was not necessarily made clear, “the shortage of crystal balls being what it is”. This might have been the day we finished paying off our first property, for it was the only one with a mortgage. We learned rapidly to stay away from those things.

           I must have been in Tsawwassen (or Pt. Roberts) from context. Sarah was a receptionist at the fanciest local hotel, who I made moves on before finding out she was shacked up. Notice how young and naïve I was about women’s intentions. I was still getting over Eatmore and was very tuned to which women paid any attention to me. The date indicates six months before I started work at the phone company. The phone company was 90% women and that’s where you really become hyper-aware of just how predatory women are.
           Below is a movie clip of a yawning puppy, a technology un-dreamed of in 1981.]