Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Friday, February 16, 2001

February 16, 2001


           [Author’s note: this is key-entered from the hand-written original.]

           The event today was a new club called “The Ugly Tuna Saloona”. Alfredo was too ill, but we carried the show. Point is, flakey owner or not, it was a vast improvement over the dives we’ve been playing in. I can’t relate to an audience unless there is at least one sharp dude out there.
           Technically, I invited Waleska, but just to come in and listen. I’m glad she didn’t make it, the place was full of much nicer women: single, fussy, & no tattoos.
           Oh, and I had to fire a guy today. The ultimate indignity, getting axed by the temp. The theory was [that] he may have wanted to argue in Spanish, you see.

           [Author’s note: The Tuna is a yuppie-ish club in South Miami, a campus bar, which explains the women. In those days, I played bass with Space Hippie. Alfredo was the harmonica player, he jammed with the Rolling Stones in Venezuela. Waleska is the one totally sexy babe who works in every construction office. I was a temp worker, through the agency, but making more than most of the electricians. I know because I did the payroll. And I was the only office staff out in South Miami Beach who spoke Spanish.]

           Verbatim, here is the original calendar entry, with photo of the Ugly Tuna interior.

           Ugly Tuna (shown here below)
           Motorcycle Andres
           $40 (in tips each)
           Very good.