Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Wednesday, February 21, 2001

February 21, 2001


           Caddy overheated. I pulled over, sat on the curb, and figures it out. It has to be that electric radiator fan motor. At least, I mean, I’ve seen the warning sticker the fan can operate with the motor stopped. Pep Boys wanted $55 labor, so I’ll do it myself.
           Tomorrow. If that’s not it, I’m stumped. Anyway, the car has cost me less than 8¢ a mile since I bought it, excluding gas, so I’ll spring for it. 8¢ is less than half the cost of a Lexus.

           [Author’s note 2016-02-15: I have always been keen on keeping close track of vehicle costs. That’s why I drive a Cadillac and the boss drives a Volkswagen and has to make payments on it.]

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++