Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Tuesday, April 10, 2001

April 10, 2001

           The GC (General Contractor) has “Xmas In April”. They get all the subtrades to swoop in on some elderly/poor folk, redo the place, and leave again. I signed up. Charity? Now, I want to see who & how co-ordinates that many trades in so short a time. And sandwiches and coffee are free. I programmed some maps, it’s in Opa Locka.
           I e-mailed by final get-the-cash tax return today. Hopefully, the family hasn’t panicked.


           [Author’s note 2016-04-10: this is a transcript, calendar notes, etc. If you can make any sense out of all that, good. I’ve forgotten most of what it meant. But I did attend other Xmas in April events, noting how the trades refinished the houses. The idea was to completely redo a house inside and out as an act of charity. In one day and I was glad to see it was not all mass confusion, either. The picture is for effect, It was taken in Quebec City, 2001.
           I cannot recall who “the family” is but it does not mean anybody I’m related to.]


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++