Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Friday, December 13, 2002

December 13, 2002

           5:33 a.m. Miami. I'm turning in early. The nights are cold, which causes me to curl up under a quilt. A lot of you don't know it can get that cold in Miami. I dislike cold, but a cold head under warm cover makes me dream much more frequently and vividly, so I don't mind once in a while
           I'm going to talk about database again; they are the main event today. My struggle has always been to keep the workings as simple as possible, and up-play that it is the connections between the tables that makes for progress, not the tables themselves. If this was obvious, I wouldn't repeat it. This has caused, slowly, more and more converts. I like it when things take shape.
           That shape is a guide, a path through the lack of intradepartmental communication. This company is no different, nobody planned for communication to be lost, it happened from the demands of service. We have a new IT manager, who I hope is on top of the technology.
           I am reading a new book, which supplied the phrase I'm looking for: “I passed the native test, my medicine works and it doesn't hurt”. The coordination of the four easy tables has today made new converts. One supervisor couldn't remember if a transfer happened on the 16th or the 23rd. Easy, the 16th because the employee got a safety violation at the new site on the 17th.
           [Author's note: I only write in today's style when I'm really pressed for time. I often can and do dream so realistically that at times I can exercise my will in the course of dream events. The commonest theme is that I can fly or leap great distances. I can command this in dreams where large crowds are needlessly blocking my progress toward a goal, or when an individual tries to impede me. I just know somebody is in a find all this so meaningful. To me they are just dreams.
           The new IT manager named Hector turned out to be an old coot, who knew very little about computers except how to read other people's e-mail. He seemed okay at first, but that is the phony face he must've put on to get past Human Resources. He took an immediate dislike to me when he saw he couldn't fool me into thinking he knew anything about computers. I picked up on this instantly and actually said to him that it was none of my business. I took an immediate dislike to him a week later when I caught him going through my garbage can.
           The book I'm reading is called “Lonely Vigil”.]