Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Tuesday, January 21, 2003

January 21, 2003


           The TransAm Firebird. This is the car Rusty bought cash (around $15,000) after I believe his second trip to Saudi. He had the dealer sign that it had every option possible. It seemed odd to get a rear-window defogger in New Orleans, but you see this picture was taken with around a half-foot of snow on the ground. Indicating we were north of Seattle, so I’d place this picture in around 1982. I am looking at the layer of salt along the side panel from the city de-icing the streets.


           [Author’s note: to all the people who say I never write about women, I found today’s entry to prove you wrong. Here’s what I wrote but I don’t even recall what the woman looked like.]

           There is a new gal at work, Dayrami Rabassa, 24-ish, can’t seem to make up her mind how she wants her hair. It is the strangest situation. All of this is my opinion, subject to change without notice. She is a clerk, started about six weeks ago, no name yet [so I must have filled it in later]
           Here goes. She is absolutely gorgeous with a perfect body, she knows it. This is difficult to describe because there is an unspoken uneasiness between us. First, what I think is her side [of the story].
           Something is wrong, simply because she has not mentioned a boyfriend or husband. Totally uncharacteristic. [Working in an office taught me if a woman has either, she will mention it in the first moments of every conversation.] So, she either doesn’t have one, but more likely is purposely not saying.

           All the other [office] bachelors [Paul and Garcia] have already hit on her with no apparent success. If she’s looking, that leaves me, but she’s noticed I’m not saying anything either. If she is approachable, she plainly wants it just so [on her terms].
           My side is easy. She is not what she appears to be. I never take a fortress by storm. Since she’s not [a blue-eyed blonde], she’ll have to be far more than just good-looking to get me to make a move, and she picks this up. I suspect she knows if I find out what is really going on, evening her looks won’t be enough. This is more than my imagination because a lot of my chick friends tell me I project this attitude. [In my own defense, I never ask for anything in a woman I am not prepared to offer myself. For example, I am a blue-eyed blonde.]

           It is not two parties in isolation, but rather a standoff. I sense it every time she is around, it is intensified by this attitude she has of how other people a supposed to behave. Tells me she is from a small town. This [entry] is unclear, but I often write such things down because it is fun to compare later when the truth emerges. Rusty, if you are reading she has that mindset we used to joke about as teenagers that, “The last twenty guys got if for free, but the next one, he’s going to pay.”
           Today’s reading is “Frontiers of Time”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
++++++++++++++++++++++++++