Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Wednesday, January 22, 2003

January 22, 2003


           This is a bad picture of the incredibly beautiful Elizabeth B., with her son, Sean Christopher. This is the last time I ever saw them, around 1989. She was a hottie, but alas, mildly insane. The story begins with her being diddled by her father, all the way to him forcing her to get married on the same day as her older sister to save money. Her ex-husband was not quite as crazy, but so whacko that it amounted to the same thing. He left her for a 250-pound Mexican woman. I tried for years to make a go of things with Crazy Liz, but she was unbendable.

           [Author’s note: today’s entry was to keep track of my new commute to work and makes little sense out of context.]

           After a few weeks of trying, there is no simple way to get to work from here. It doubles the drive to 40 minutes, which means I have to skip coffee. (Coffee with steamed milk, not sugar, to go. A holdover from my travels, it is readily available in South Florida.) This unusual cold spell makes this [missing coffee] a factor because there is no heat in the car, or any A/C which never did work right if you ask me.

           I burned out the A/C six months after I got here and the repair is worth more than the car. The sensor is wrong. In my old Buick, you could crank it on full for 5 minutes, then turn if off for the next half-hour leaving the sensor set to 75 degrees. It would still blow cool air through the tubes, although I seem to be tolerant of a wider temperature range than most people. Mind, my gas mileage dropped instantly and the difference in power was very noticeable [on the Buick]. In the Caddy, if you turn off the A/C, the sensor picks up the cold draft and turns the heater on.
           Tax time is closing in. Now I’m still waiting on a couple of “official forms” although as usual I already have the info. Which in the case of banks, my records are better. I see WAMU is up their old tricks. On the last few months statements there is a service charge, then a refund of the charge later the same day. This is typical andyo have to watch those slimeballs. The transaction is designed to momentarily lower you balance just before the interest is calculated, then restore the balance. It is perfectly timed.
           The talk is all about the Super Bowl. Their talk, not mine. I never lived anywhere long enough to develop anything for a team. Besides, I grew out of sports before I was twelve.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
++++++++++++++++++++++++++