Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Monday, December 29, 2003

December 29, 2003

           Finally back at work, and able to let the West Coast know what happened over here. M.B. got my mail back, checking into it shows there is a very similar address straight south of here in Miami Springs. A lot of folks at the office were sincerely concerned with how I got along. Wallace almost flipped, actually very few people had me in a high-risk category. Including me.
           Oh, Rhonda. Somebody matching my description robbed a Denny’s. Get this, apparently he walked in, went behind the register and asked the staff for a steak knife. Thence he cut the power cord, thanked the staff and headed out the door with the cash drawer. Drove off in a red pickup with an estimated $2500.00. That’s too brash even for me.
           Monitoring my habits again, there is just no outstanding indicator in my instance, except on weekdays I tend to go over my calorie limit by about 10%, all due to coffee which I cannot drink black. What did I ponder today? Well, I have it on report that a duck’s quack does not echo. While dreaming last night I recalled a ventriloquist I had seen, and he was good – but the dummies voice had the same timbre as a duck’s quack. Most ventriloquist’s I’ve seen since then did not “quack” and were not as good either, you could tell what was going on. The one who quacked was the best. I ponder if there is any connection between the two? I can see that lack of an echo could be advantageous, but is this even possible for a human? Like I said, ponder.
           I’m reading “P for Peril”. Far better authorship than what else I’ve had lately. It’s about a doctor that disappears, eventually causing every character with a real part to become a suspect. I admire producers who can put that kind of book on film, any other I type of mystery I can figure out fast enough to lose my enjoyment of the picture. The weather is perfect again this year, and I may try to spend my noon breaks outside again, which raises another question of why are all the parks in residential areas where people who work can’t really use them unless it’s right downtown? The answer is no doubt lost in early English reasoning. They had the first metropolis, and that was just 150 years ago. I’m not the only one who notices that things they did wrong have largely been repeated by American city planners.
           Which winds things up this evening on my long-standing question about lot size. It seems to me there is no longer any justification for building houses so close together the way they do in this country. There may have been a reason a long time ago, but I want 50 feet of green space between me and my neighbor. Who wants to look out any window, and see the neighbor’s fence? All residential lots should be an acre in size and have enough clearance for serious green areas between buildings. I don’t see that it would add more than 2 or 3% to the price.
           I finally logged onto Yahoo under a pseudonym, and probably tomorrow will begin looking for a 30 year old girlfriend. Since I can’t party till dawn anymore, at least I should see what is out there. [What, are you surprised that people who use dating lines aren’t what they say they are? Wake up, this is 2003.]