Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Tuesday, December 30, 2003

December 30, 2003


           Of all the! There is a nearly duplicate address to mine precisely 50 blocks south of here. Guess where most of my mail has been going? Miami has to be the strangest town for naming streets. All major roads have at least two names, some have many more along their whole length. In places, Dixie Highway is Federal Highway is Biscayne Boulevard, 18th Avenue, Sunshine Boulevard, and part Ocean Drive or something like that. Hardly tourist friendly, in fact it would appear the streets are intentionally confusing. I wasted my valuable time sorting it out, I hate it when people do that.
           The crew got together and gave me a thank you card for the Xmas microwave. Per Rhonda, it takes us out of the dark ages. I saw Shelly for the first time since weeks ago, she is cheerful. Everyone seems it remarkable that I got the microwave, when in fact it was a very cost effective thing to do for the 12 to 15 people using it, like less than $3.00 each to make everyone happy is a bargain to me.

           The medicine is not a bargain, the cost is already over $200 per month. And I see nobody at Mt. Sinai is interested in side effects unless they are medical side effects. That’s wrong, I think. I am having memory lapses, weak arms, wandering tics and spasms in my abdomen and head, hunger attacks, hot kidneys, and sleeping an extra two hours a day. The memory lapses are the most worrisome. I actually lost a book (“P for Peril”) and forgot the lunch I spent an hour making last night. Everything important, such as taking my prescription, is formally logged, so that is not a worry. Angel Morales, the fire alarm guy, said he had the same thing, and it lasts for about a month.
           I’m busy all day catching up, there is nobody else around to do my paperwork. Sure enough, the sites are spoiled and large parts of the releases are unreadable. I need something, however small to go on, to work that database. Not incidentally, Tim Pitzen came by for a report today, in this case Support Document H. He seems to like it, even in its raw form. Yes, it can be used to monitor the frequency with which employees get transferred. I offered it to him 3 months ago, but I don’t think he knew what I was talking about until he needed it today. We’ll get him on-line soon. It is a minor step after that to target those site disciplinaries. It looks like Julie and I alone in the office tomorrow to clear up the last of the payroll. Florida has got to be strange, the holidays are not paid. Who ever heard of Labor Day as a day off without pay? Anyrate, that’s what puts the “duh” in Florida.

           The whole world is a database, just needing a nudge in the right direction. Unusual spot of the day, I saw the word ‘utilidor’ for the first time in almost 45 years. I used to walk along the top of them in the winter. See if you can figure out the circumstances, and I’ll bet it is not what you think. Hint, in the summer, I walked underneath them, and later somebody made both activities illegal.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++