Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Sunday, January 11, 2004

January 11, 2004

           Finding something to do that follows doctor’s orders isn’t as easy as it sounds, taking it easy that is. I have to work at that. So far, I’ve read one book today, and glanced at the newspaper lists. I see the French circus is in town. I also see the tickets start at $50 each, up to $190 if you’d like brunch. So, either this is some kind of circus like I’ve never seen (or heard) of, or prices have outstripped anything that went before. This I know because my parents took us to at least two, possible three circuses, and there is no way they spent the equivalent of $50 then or ever to entertain me. There may be a discount for children, but even so, there is just no way.
           Who knows, maybe trapeze artists make $200,000 a year these days? So I began reading “Kramer’s War”, an interesting perspective on World War II. Exciting life, huh? That depends on what to compare it to, this could be the start of my well-deserved rest. I seem to have stopped losing weight, so I totaled up the calories of two of my known non-diet favorites. Hotcakes and German Meatloaf (with the cornmeal, milk, tomato soup, chicken soup and nutmeg). Um, yup, I see part of the problem already!
           A recurring point. The gas tank on my car holds 16 gallons. It is digital as follows, it always changes to “E” when there is 40 miles gas left in the tank. It is faithful, like the temperature guage which cannot be fooled by parking in the shade, the gas gauge cannot be fooled by parking on an angle. At any rate, the question is how, when I tank up at Citgo, I can get almost 18 gallons (17.868) into a 16 gallon tank that was not on “E”? I conclude that the Florida sun shining on the metal tank causes it to expand enough to hold 1.868 gallons more, exactly, same as North Carolina.
           Starbucks coffee, much as I hate any franchise coffee except Denny’s, was okay across from the AMC place on 57th and Dixie Highway this afternoon. Many squat bow-legged women hang around there. I’m always shocked by the $4.00 tab for coffee when I forget I had $2.00 cookie besides. I toured Barnes and Noble, but they have the same old. There were some women there, but when your ass looks like a cement mixer, maybe you should make the first move?
           Hey, I’m just pointing a few things out.