Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Thursday, June 10, 2004

June 10, 2004


           This was a day at the Ocean Reef Club, JZ and his family have a big meet-up there every year. It is on the northern tip of Key Largo. Alaine and I usually wind up visiting more than JZ, who seems to consume 6,000 calories per day with no weight gain. Him and I are always on the lookout for women, but like all private clubs, the aren't any available. If you see the bluest pool of water to the left of the picture, that is where we normally hang out. This is always a big event for the family. JZ and I normally wind up in the piano lounge. This club is mighty exclusive, it isn't for everyone.


           I'm still in recovery mode and can't get around easily, so many thanks to Alaine who got a golf cart with a rear-facing seat so I don't have to climb in. The first time there, I had wanted to attend one of the live concerts, but JZ didn't tell me to bring a jacket (required). I drove down to the Key in my Taurus wagon, which I broke the bank to put new wheel covers on so I would not seem like the orphan. But in those days, I was some kind of poor thanks to medications that were not covered by my insurance.
           It is not normal for me to report such things, but I have a note here that I still have $20,010 in my bank account.
           Author's note: 2014-06-10 little did I understand at that time this money was all that stood between me and destitution. I still felt on the road to recovery from a heart attack, not knowing that eight months later, I would never work again. That was the one insurance I did not have, but there was nobody to ask at the time.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
++++++++++++++++++++++++++