Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Friday, June 11, 2004

June 11, 2004


           It was a year ago today Frank and I left for sunny California. Three weeks expense paid by the Jeff & Jerry radio show. We drove there in the Taurus, stayed at the Torrey Pines, had the time of our lives. Well, I did. Frank was not the party type and could not let go of his ex-wife. The one that ran off with their divorce lawyer. What's not to hate about a woman like that?
           The Pines was nice but it shut down by 8:00PM. It is essentially a luxurious golf resort and neither of us play any golf. The minimum stay is two nights, you are looking at about $1,500 for that--if you have a coupon. I liked the place but it was borderline boring, no live entertainment or night life. Also, I kept getting turned around somehow and could not find my way in and out of the building without asking directions. I'm not like that, but it reminded me of a hotel I stayed at in Thailand and my mind was confunding (not a typo) the two.
           My posts for this month are necessarily sparse, as I felt tired all the time.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
++++++++++++++++++++++++++