Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Saturday, May 3, 2008

May 3, 2008


           Here you notice the Taurus being loaded with my road gear. Yes, that dent in the rear quarter panel has never been repaired. I would like to go on a trip this weekend, but my bicycle is still in the shop. That means JP gets the weekend off and I might make it as far as the beach.
           Pudding-Tat goes under the knife on the 21st. When everything is considered, she will be better off than now and easier to look after. I have not consulted her on that. The movie people didn’t like Fred’s location, which shows you what they know. We could be making moonshine back there and nobody could tell, it is a perfect match for the script.

           Gig analysis. I’ll make it quick, since it’s only lousy musicians like me who have to learn from mistakes. Most in evidence are the larger number of requests. There are always jerks, but most people are requesting the songs they know I play (top spot by far is still “Spiders and Snakes”). The lush versions have an unexpected plus, they make my background singing sound more “crisp”. While I’m out of practice, I can now recover almost instantly with the lo-hat. The fog machine was a hit. I need an MP3 player that is faster to navigate. I now leave the audience microphones on loud, they make me sound better.
           The groupie scenes are uproarious, you people complain until Blogger gets their video upload working right. You can follow the progress of how she comes in wearing a pair of painted-on white shorts, fluttering around but starting to notice this music stuff. Then turning her back on the bar and getting totally into the music, finally grabbing one of the bar mics and asking, “Where’s the words?” (I still get this, telling me I know my act is unique.)

           Meanwhile she’s inching closer, all of which is instantly detected by Will at the bar, who likes to maintain my approach isn’t “direct” enough. Yeah, by the end of the third song there she is onstage, booby-bumping me. On the first break she was all over me like a herd of turtles, but sadly, the second thing she mentioned was her husband, making it a no-go. Otherwise, most definitely she was a keeper.
           Again, I find I don’t have to take any cash out of the bank—you know, this practicing for retirement is a good idea, people. Too bad it cannot be marketed, and besides, for a lot of people it would be a severe jolt to realize what they are worth on the open market. I still make more than twice my performing income in tips, there were fives in there last night.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
++++++++++++++++++++++++++