Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Monday, December 15, 2008

December 15, 2008


           See the flower? This is why the underbrush needed cleaning up. In the wild, this flower would not be so perfect. It stretched through the fence into the bright sunlight of the patio. Yet if you look over the fence to see how this flower is growing on the other side, it looks like a scraggly vine. You can actually see the vine stem in the lower left corner. I may invest in a rake.
           I can get super-conservative when cooking for others, but a lesson was learned today. Will’s chicken liver has added a new item to my diet. I was too conservative to try it while Wallace was here. Will did mention that the basic recipe is improved by breading the livers, to which I must add my secret herbs and spices (nutmeg and basil). The only liver I’d ever eaten before was beef. Chicken has a lighter flavor and looks better. Cheap, too.

           Omigosh, I just remembered I didn’t thank Peggy for Thanksgiving. Please forgive. Will’s recipe has to get entered in the race. For the record, these are not original recipes, but favorites.
           One of my priorities was the yard work, which took me half a day to cart away the clippings. Me and yard work are a lot like those pairs that never occur in Nature but sometimes make the news. Like Mexican buses and bad brakes. Also, the it was so cold, I put on a heavy jacket and crawled under the building. (Don’t worry, I will never repair anything without permission, ever again.)
           You need the jacket because it is all gravel in the crawl space. The entire east side of the building is tapped off a single electrical outlet in the rental bedroom. That is unsafe and only works as long as nobody turns on the washer and air conditioner at the same time. It is a routine matter to run an extra breaker, but what a dirty day-long task. Which explains why the last guy didn’t do it. Maybe Roberto will help me. My computers are running on that circuit and that spells power problems when that room gets rented.

           Cats don’t usually latch on to their owner. But Pudding-Tat was nearby all day, and of course I noticed. I was under the building. What evolutionary process is in evidence here?
  &nbs
p;        PS: Wallace emailed to say the flight back took 21-1/2 hours and he landed into 17 degrees below zero. It's hard to say which is worse.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
++++++++++++++++++++++++++