Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

January 12, 2010

           Of course, Wallace and I are amazed at the amount of gear women can accumulate. But then, we are bachelors. Today’s jpeg is an empty 26 foot truck. I know, because I unloaded every foot of it myself since early this morning. Boxes of stuff like I suppose families must necessarily have, but why so much of it? No wait. I did get help at the end. When we got back here some locals were nice enough to help pull the washer-dryer combo into the utility room. That was heavy.
           The living room seems stuffed with that sectional sofa. It is the wrong angle for the room but I’m just glad to have one in there after all this time. Wallace thinks it is too large, but they don’t come much smaller. Probably over time we got used to that room seeming empty. He also thinks it doesn’t give the dog room to move around (I’m not making this up).
           Theresa’s friend picked up the tab and gave us a lift back here afterward. It would have been nicer if he’d helped with the unloading but he seems to have an aversion to brute labor. We got no encouragement from Wallace, either, who for some reason is saying he didn’t know Theresa was going to move in here.
           That’s odd, since I’d been keeping him informed about it for the last nine months; that I had to rent out my room to meet the rent payments when he was gone. Yes, it is my room, not an “ensuite”. I have until the end of this May to, not meet, but to make arrangements to meet my contractual obligations to Wallace. The clause states (and yes, I do have it in writing) that “it could be as soon as one year, but it could be as long as two years”. That equals at the latest May 31, 2010, at midnight.
           I’ll run over that agreement to refresh a few memories. Nobody bailed me out of anything nor have I ever been “destitute”. I had just sold my other property and was looking to buy. However, I wanted a bigger place, because when Wallace visited here the year before (see this blog, April 2007), I had to crash on the floor. I wasn’t even thinking about Wallace when I wanted a two-bedroom.
           I had cash in the bank, and I was going to borrow a little extra buy a larger home. I could have asked a dozen different people, but around this time, Wallace was complaining about having to pay exorbitant rent for a basement suite in Canada. (Funny, I never called him destitute.) I emailed Wallace saying I would keep an eye out for a suitable place but nothing came of that for the next two months.
           Then, I had a third heart attack. I filed a legal claim and soon had just enough cash to live until it was settled, my lawyer stating “it could be as soon as soon as one year, but it could be as long as two years”. I know people who should find that very interesting information. Furthermore, any troublemakers out there should be aware that these facts can be firmly established without even referencing the agreement with Wallace. Churchill quipped that facts are such stubborn things.
           That heart attack changed everything and I decided not to borrow anything. But then Wallace emailed to say he had come into some money. If I would pay him back half, he stated he would buy the place outright and we would share ownership and occupation as joint tenants (my words to which he agreed). I have until May 31, 2010 to make arrangements to pay what amounts to a trivial two or three months wages for me. It should be obvious I did not and realistically could not have agreed to anything else. I certainly never agreed to become anybody’s tenant or caretaker. And it shouldn’t take a Sherlock Holmes to figure out the reason I’m not working a full-time job right now. Hello?
           And by the way, I never agreed to use our living room as a dog kennel.