Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

January 13, 2010

           See the truck. See the stuff. Guess who unloaded that into storage this morning? All of it is in the cubicle except the sofa and the washer-dryer which goes in the utility room. I don’t really feel like hooking the appliances up, but the community dryer has been out of commission for several months. That single inconvenience makes laundry a major operation.
           The unloading took seven hours uninterrupted hard labor. I bonked my forehead and gained several bruises but the work is done. The blog makes it sound like we did this over a few days, but that isn’t the case. A few things came out earlier and we made more than one trip to the unit. The bruises caused me to limp around the now right-sized living room, constantly repeating “Ve who vass voonded in da vawr. . . .”
No progress on the flyer, as Theresa doesn’t like to do more than one thing at once, whereas I get most of my planning done while working at something else. Thus the seven hours was dead time for me. The storage facility has an optional “protection plan” where you insure your things against rain and weather damage. Pardon me, isn’t that why you rent a storage space?
           We parked just past the storage unit, hauled out the big aluminum ramp and began unloading. Sure enough, just moments later, along comes this half-gimp in a rental van. Of that huge lot, with hundreds of storage units, guess which one he wanted. Right next to ours, the unit blocked by our truck. How do these Florida turd-heads know? I would just like somebody to explain to me how they know. We could have made him wait, but I moved the truck and we had to work around them for nearly two hours.
           I didn’t get home until 4:30, but at least there is a perfectly comfortable sofa to sit on. Naturally, I was wondering what Wallace would find wrong with it. My guess was the color, but he chose the size. The living room is designed for a sectional sofa, that is what goes there, Wallace. What is the problem already? He tends to forget little things like this property has a restriction on pets weighing more than five pounds.
           But I got to watch TV, in this instance, a documentary on COG, or “continuance of government”. It is a dodo plan to evacuate the government during a nuclear war. We can’t have the terrorists cutting off the head of our government, much as most of us would like to see that. No, they only do that to reporters who think they have a right to do as they please. The Ruskies are another matter. Apparently our best minds seem to think the enemy is not going to notice a long line of armored black limousines streaming out of the White House. Maybe if all those cops turned off their motorcycle sirens, do you think?
           And what’s with that Air Force One? Can anyone out there imagine a more vulnerable target? What a massive waste of resources. As far as I’m concerned, the president should not run like a chicken, he should lead the troops into battle. I suggested they put him on a big white horse, but Theresa says make it a cow because, “The Pakistanis won’t shoot that.”
           Theresa also says things like, “People like what they like”. I’m in complete agreement.