Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

February 10, 2010


          [Author's note 2016-02-10: this post is a Dragon Naturally Speaking transcript.]

           See this building? It has a hole in the top. Kind of like the hole in our roof that is causing serious permanent structural damage. I would fix it today, given the go-ahead. I will let the jury decide why I have not gone ahead and done so at my own expense, even thought I know the workmanship would automatically be "deficient".
           Gee, I can hardly remember when I last had so much fun with a blog as today. This is like icing on the cake. The northerners got two feet of snow, down here we have two feet of ignoramuses. Both require a lot of shoveling. Now a word from our PR Department It is called “Three More Things Stupid People Cannot Understand”.

           A)      Food stamps are not welfare. They are a right of every American who earns less than $13,000 per year. The governor of North Dakota gets food stamps because her salary is $1 per annum. One American in eight has received food stamps since this recession began. Maybe people have to beg their governments for help where you come from, but not in the US of A.
           B)      Around 94% of successful business owners (such as myself five plus years at the same location) receive all their mail at the business address. Nothing fishy about it at all. That’s where the bills get paid from. You do pay bills, don’t you? Then show me.
           C)      Florida towing companies are forbidden by law to release any vehicle except in person to the properly registered owner. The papers must be stamped in Tallahassee. These documents must match the vehicle and the owner must personally show up, no exceptions. My car is fully registered with the sales tax paid. I mean, isn’t everybody’s?

           This was such a popular theme, I’ve been asked, sort of, to continue. Okay. Here’s three other things imbeciles can’t grasp.

           D)      Mental defectives are not allowed to enter into the United States. Since 1892. Check it out. I know an awful lot about American border law.
           E)      Canadian OAS (Old Age Supplement) is welfare. It brings their local deadbeats up to the poverty level. The more you get, the more you are a loser. Worse, you must be resident in Canada to get OAS. If you leave that country for more than 30 consecutive days, you are disqualified. If you leave more than 183 days, things get even worse. I know an awful lot about Canadian tax law.
           F)     “Search and Replace” is a powerful computer function. A blog owner can replace very instance of a nickname with a real name. Or address, phone number, SIN and who knows what? This blog has a 15 year rule about real names, but I’m perfectly willing to make an exception. Try me. I know an awful lot about computers.
           G)      (Yes, this is number four. But four is worth it this time.) Construction contracting is not a true business. Just ask the Workman’s Compensation Board (WCB). They’ll quickly let you know whether you are a proper businessman or some wise guy who never paid his dues. The Board does make mistakes, but they are never really wrong, either. I know an awful lot about disability claims.

           It is so kind of me to make the above points without mentioning names. But I’ll give you a hint. Who would use that corny pickup line, “Save water; shower with a friend”, and fancy himself clever? (My version is, hell, if you are that much of a cheapskate, save even more water and shower with an enemy.)
           I further point out that of everyone involved, I appear to be the only one who has not changed or altered his position in the past two years. I have never wavered a fraction from my original agreement. Look it up for yourself. Meanwhile, others are constantly discovering brand new loopholes, assholes, ensuites and enemies. I wonder why’s that?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++