Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Monday, October 11, 2010

October 11, 2010

           Half-way through “Victoria’s Wars” and despite a more itemized understanding of the position of the local Indian rulers, it does not change my opinion of what I witnessed being there myself in the 1980s. I admit I wrote it would take them [India] 50 years to do what they accomplished in 25, but they chose the easy parts. Take those outsourced clerical jobs, for instance, which had long been relegated by Americans to mindless automaton work.
           India will make a difference, due to weight of numbers. They still teach their children we are monsters who eat cows. They do not see that western success is largely based on considerable personal rights and freedoms that which they cannot allow without dismantling their entire religious and political infrastructure. Their main vector for reproduction is rape. Meanwhile, they will make the American working class hurt. But only those [Americans] with mindless jobs in the first place.

           Blog says the most unusual event today was a hotdog. I went to the book exchange where they sometimes have free donuts and coffee. That’s one far better deal than the Panera, where if anyone can read, I’ve seen precious little evidence of it. Anyhow, the exchange had free hotdogs. I wondered why the only condiment was mustard. Upon first bite, I realized this was no ordinary hotdog. The trick was that it was boiled in beer and hot sauce, of which a coating remained when taken from the heater. Extraordinary.
           The exchange is handy but no substitute for a book store. Soon, the new location of Trader John’s (out near Barry U) will be within range (but let me double-check). (Naw, it went out of business withing the month. You never get rich selling used books to college students.) Dave-O has found a motorized trike, a vehicle which makes good sense provided you have enough safe space to park it. I remain undecided until I get some firm and final prices to ponder. Would one even fit through the gate? It would definitely have to come in at night. Remember Eric’s trike?
           Now I ask, why hasn’t anybody come up with artificial salt? You know, same taste but without the side effects. Or is that one of those ideas everybody says is crazy until somebody does it and makes billions. The thought hit me while eating cacahuate carapinado (candied peanuts). The list said color was added “seasonally”, a translation error. They meant color was added to butter, one of the ingredients. But it got me thinking.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++