Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Thursday, February 17, 2011

February 17, 2011


          Is this ignorant bitch your wife or mother? If so, she's lucky I didn't catch her on a deserted stretch after she cut me off at 45 mph. She is an asshole driving vehicle tag AKV B67, ignoring the law that says she must give cyclists 3 feet of passing space. She was roaring past them with inches to spare, I have it on video. I followed her for twenty miles. She tried to lose me by cutting through a private club in Boca. I followed her until I was able to point her out to a police car.
You decide for yourself if such people should be allowed on the roadways. Look at that careless attitude, trying to pretend she doesn't know why I'm taking her picture. Snotty old hen thinks she owns the road and can get away with anything. I hope she'd been drinking when the cops pulled her over. I mean, sunglasses? Like she was some kind of movie star? She was a shrivelled up old grape. And dumb. Trying to lose a guy on a motorcycle is real dumb.

           I have nothing to do for "5 to 7" days. I took the scooter on a 140 mile trip at precisely 30 mph. The break-in period is not half complete. I drove north along Andrews until it became a major road, then east on McNab to Dixie, then north again to some Copans. Who would name a road "Copans"? Probably somebody named Copans.
           This was a test run to see if the scooter is suitable for longer day trips. Driving along the Florida east coast is all city driving, something you might not care to do in a car. I was on the road eight hours. There is no eastern equivalent of the PCH (Pacific Coast Hwy) out here. The road (Ocean Drive) alternates between beach stretches with no parking and inland behind fortified mansions.
           I see my camera equipment is inadequate. Some great shots I missed include the Goodyear Blimp hangar, a flock of around 800 seagulls riding the waves, and a schoolbus surrounded by police cars. I've known I needed a better digital camera for some time now.

           The road eventually terminates on a river bay around ten miles north of Lake Worth. I stopped at the same place on the ocean Wallace and I visited two years back. A retired NYC cop came over and asked about the scooter. He was on a scooter detail back when and said it was the fastest way to get around New York, since they were allowed to use the sidewalks.
           He said they used to stash the scooters in the masoleums at the graveyards and use them to spring surprise take-downs. All they had was two-stroke models, so I let him take my four-stroke out for a ten minute drive.
           At the turnaround point, I was in a fairly posh neighborhood, so I zipped around the side streets for a looke-see. An astonishing number of the estates were for sale. What a pity that if you see a fashionably dressed woman in Florida, it is a real estate agent. Speaking of a bad market, there is a place on Plunkett asking $42,000. Three years ago there was nothing less than ten times that.

           This was the longest scooter or motorcycle trip I've been on since I was 16. I had a Honda 90 which my brother stole and smashed up. In my mother's twisted mind, that was my fault. Since I didn't let him take it because I knew he would wreck it, he had to steal it, don't you see? There were others around, but he had to steal mine. If I was a real brother, why I would share my most precious possessions even if I knew he'd run it into something the first time he got on it. I hear the theoritists barking again that such damage is what family is all about and I should accept it. I did. For 17 wasted years. And they wonder why I don't speak to these people.
           After the trip, the scooter had a noticeable improvement in power. It fairly flies up to 30 mph now, the fastest I've taken it. The trip to Okeechobee will have to wait until I can travel top speed (around 68 mph), since almost every arterial road north of here has high speed stretches unsuitable for puttering along.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++