Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Monday, February 21, 2011

February 21, 2011


           The girl looks real because it is a 2D picture about 11 feet tall. Of course, a blonde by herself catches my eye. Remember, I never ask for something I cannot offer in return. This, if you ask me is art in pure form. Female form. The only thing I miss about living on the farm is meeting gals like this who were not posing or doing it for money. Sigh.
           One guy I’d like to shoot is the dickhead who invented the touchpad mouse. The least the bastard could have done is make it work right, but that was asking too much. It is really a contraption for people who aren’t serious about wha they do ona computer. Plus, its placement below the keypad is ridiculous and meant for those who can’t type. Only the untrained need to rest their wrists when typing. I’m working with a netbook, in case anyone can’t tell.

           Now that there is a slight surplus again, things are moving right along. I’ll be caught up on a dozen tail ends by end of this week. It is time to move ahead again after months of unjustified stagnation. I should not say that. Despite total letdowns by people I trusted, I did keep the blog going, bought a scooter, attended the usual events and commenced trifling with electronics and robotics. Throw in a couple dozen new books read, tons of research on everything from electric bicycles to radio circuits and I should be glad I’ve got better things to do than sit around thinking of ways to trip up other people.
           But one thing you can be sure of, anyone who tries to shaft me will gain the initial advantage, but in the end it they will wind up suffering exactly what they tried to inflict. It is strange how people who’ve known me for decades never learned this lesson. I make a nearly ideal business partner, but some folks have a strange idea of what a partner is and may not agree. They think a partner is someone who let down their guard and try a little back-stabbing. Surprise attack works and it always will. But few people are prepared for the long run where I plan years ahead.

           The termites are blooming again in the Florida room. Even protected wood, like my fancy desk, has to be periodically sprayed and that means I have to do it this year. It’s been four years since I treated it and I don’t want those insects getting into anything I own. I believe the deck under the Florida room was built with untreated lumber, it did not look that great since the beginning. And it has the damp termite smell. If given a free hand, I would have fixed this long ago. Now, the damage is serious, as it is slowly settling and pulling the two halves of the double-wide apart at the roof ridge.
           Funny, there are only deficiency experts around to criticize repairs, but none to be found when preventative maintenance is required. It is no wonder how little some people accomplish in a lifetime. I grabbed a coffee at the Panera after shopping at Big Lots and that place is sure full of nasty, noisy old buggars. They’ve also taken over the nearby Dunkin’. Do they really think the world wants to hear them bellering out their political opinions?

           Mind you, I know fully what causes most men to wind up that way. I'm just too polite and tired to go into it right how. But the first requirement is that you have to be a man who knows it all so that you never have to read or write after you get out of grade school. Myself, I have to learn something new every day or I can't sleep right. Guess I'll never know enough to hang out with the old boys.
           The second photo meets the blog criteria for novelty today. It is no big deal, but you see how the artist has painted the picture over onto the frame itself. Every picture in the exhibit had the same painted frame, no variation. Or, as I once heard it put, "Actual truth may vary."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++