Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Monday, February 28, 2011

February 28, 2011


           Here's Pudding-Tat. I may have to make the sad decision to let her stay with the neighbors. There is the faint suspicion that they are only feeding her and being nice to prove something that will not be valid once I leave, but I'm planning a few trips out of town. I think she's happy over there but still spends plenty of time visiting when I am around.
           (Dang, I just accidentally deleted all my photos of the Tat lounging on my scooter. That's correct, she curls up on the right foot rest and sleeps. The pix are gone, blame that annoying feature of MS Picture Viewer that doesn't release the selection after every function. I renamed the batch but didn't unselect when I went to delete a single frame.)
           How about a blurry photo of the weekend's Blues festival? This is why I dislike digital zoom. This was a tripod picture, perfectly stable, yet it blurs as if out of focus. Digital zoom is worse than no zoom, if you ask me.

           I got to filing court documents, the part that I like the best is thinking how much it must cost others to do all the chasing around that I can zip done in an hour on my scooter. The library for research, the bank for a notary, the courthouse to file, all done in an hour. It is honestly strange how some people view the court system, they think it works the same as their own logic which of course, always proves themselves right.
           Dave-O came over this morning to use the phone. He's really in bad shape, they gave him drugs to promote red blood cell production and it makes his bone marrow ache. He cannot lie down, sit or stand for any length of time. There's nothing he can do except more and more painkillers, a dangerous high wire act. Remember California Johnny, who they addicted to morphine. He's been disappeared for three years now.

           Who remembers that KFC out on 441 and Hollywood where the Hippie at 27 pieces of chicken at the buffet? I dropped in there for a soda at noon and you know, I might just partake of that myself. I do not know why I cannot make chicken like they do, no matter what secret herbs and spices I try. The first smorg I ever ate at was the Royal Fork in Yakima, Washington, and I love a salad bar. Others head for the meat, but I prefer a massive selection of greens, no matter what color.
           And I know what I'm talking about. Take this thought. The tomato is a fruit, the beans are a legume, the carrot is a root, the cabbage is a leaf and the asparagus is a stem. I'm not even a vegetarian and how many of them know that? That brings up an interesting point from my childhood. There is a series of tests that determine the likelihood of a child being a "smart" adult. I'll see if I can find the test, there are 49 questions on it.

           I passed 48 of them with top marks, but received a low mark on the question about how well I got along with my peers. For some reason, decades ago peer-association was considered a mark of intelligence, though it wouldn't pass muster today. Not only that, I can neatly explain my failure in that category. The people that wrote the test were guilty of group-think.
           How does that affect my score? Well, let me see if I can put this nicely. Being the same age, weight, height, and being in the same classroom does not, despite all manner of protest from the underdogs, automatically make anyone my peer. If I am allowed to be the determinant of who is my peer, we get along handsomely. A peer is likely to be someone I never have to make baby-talk with, someone who does not have to cover the basics in every conversation but can hit the ground running. Of course, this rules out my family.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++