Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March 1, 2011


           See this appliance? It is a brand spanking new propane stove. No more electric problems ever, I like propane because it is off the grid. No account fee, no monthy bill, no deposit, when you run out, you run out until you get enough money to fill the tank. And I have had it with the Florida electric company and asinine business partners. Remember the three months I was without electric in 2005? I’m not likely to forget that, but it did leave me super-prepared for the recent patch.
           Dave-O has been around a lot, he’s not well. His bout with food poison left his blood cell count low, they gave him something that aggravated an old ulcer from the past. We worked an hour on this truck before I leaned back and told him it is time for a new battery. The problem is, you need a battery to get a battery, this is America.

           It was the scooter to the rescue. No matter how we tallied things up, the most economical deal was to make a 31-mile round trip to Hialeah and get an Interstate (model battery). This took just an hour and he’s back on the road. As a point on the side, when I mentioned a few months back that I may need to move some furniture, proof was instant that in this town, I am well-connected. Some people should remember that.
           The following people, thank you all, said to call if I needed a truck: Anna, Fred, JP, Shay, Patrick, Hollywood Scooters, Kat, Enrique and Dave-O. I took inventory of the household and noticed that Theresa has left a lot of stuff behind, ranging from brand new clothes to half-gallons of old paint. If she does not claim it soon, out it goes. Do I contact her? Nope, she knows where it is, has an “arrangement” with Wallace, and for all I know, still has a key.
           Besides, Theresa was a hypocrite. She’d bash me for having a photo of Robynette on my fridge, yet she has dozens of even older pictures of her children and worse, spends hours gossiping on the phone with them every week. A true hypocrite would not see the connection, so use it as an acid test. At least I am aware that picture isn’t a Robynette that exists any longer.

           [Author's note 2016-03-01: her implication was that I wanted Robynette back. What makes Theresa even more of a hypocrite is that, at the remote outside edge of the galaxy of possibilities, there is at least a tiny chance that Robynette could be my wife again. But her kids are all growed up and gone-gone. So who's the one living in a dream world? Theresa was never my girlfriend and I felt she had little to no right to opine over what pictures I have in my kitchen. Theresa missed any opportunity to be my girlfriend by playing hard to get when we first me. That never works with me. Besides, it became evident Theresa just like to stir up shit.]

           The perfect weather gets mention, it has truly been cooperating to the fullest for the past several months. Let’s the rest of the country know that four feet of snow isn’t everyone’s definition of paradise. The local real estate values have even leveled off a little though nothing short of national bankruptcy will reverse the plunging values. (I did not know about the legal trick of "preforeclosure" at time of writing.)
           The government is even talking of shutting down for two weeks. I hope they do. It will increase awareness of what I’ve always said—we don’t need them. Now the ignoramuses are sticking their noses back into Libya. The definition of politics is minding other people’s business instead of your own. They are talking another no-fly zone, as if the desert Bedouin revolutionaries possess a strategic bomber force. Hands off, leave them alone. Central America has taught us that freedom only lasts when the locals fight for it. Instead of swimming to the Keys, like.

           Here’s a stat. The payload on the bicycle in 65 pounds, but on the scooter, just 25. Mind you, I can carry a second passenger on the latter. The rear basket is somewhat not positioned right to carry much more than said 25 pounds, and it has a very high center of gravity. I’m beginning to look at saddlebags. This model of scooter has a wide chassis, and I wonder what is behind those streamlined panels. (I found out later. Nothing.)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++