Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Monday, March 26, 2012

March 26, 2012

           This photo is from a fashion magazine. Dubbed as the casual look, I believe I have a half-dozen such outfits that don’t fit me any more. But wait, there are some differences. The torn and faded jeans in this picture cost $440. The red handkerchief will run you $169. This homie is wearing $1,140 not counting the shoes. Is a thousand bucks to look like some grub casual enough for you?
           I was looking because of a defect in my new Docker jeans. The soft denim I liked so much, but that was last week. It seems the material stains permanently when any liquid touches the surface. Coffee, a damp piece of lettuce, a splash of water from the roadway. Any moisture causes a dark stain that won’t wash out. Boo, there Dockers, I didn’t need another pair of work pants.
           I’m in and out of the clinic all this week, but I’ll minimize the topic, since it is no longer novel. The important thing is my cholesterol count has dropped from one of the worst to normal. That only took ten years. Strangely, the drop was not gradual, but all in the past month. Also, they are going to treat some of my veins with a laser. That’s new [for me].
           It was a cloudless sunny day, ideal, and I went for a fifty mile scooter ride. My doctor says no more carbohydrates in my diet, I needed time to think about that. I would up at a shopping plaza on Cleary where the Publix is full of gourmet items. Well, not full, but definitely a more upscale mix than Hallandale. And the place was full of yuppie women, my type.
           Y’day afternoon was also perfect riding weather. I took the scooter out to West Palm Beach and met E24. And his charming new bride. He’s donated his text lessons to the club. On-line learning isn’t for everyone. We were at City Place, which I recognized as one of the Sunday train-bike rides I used to take before Theresa but a stop to that. The plaza is my kind of place but it is 56 miles from here.
           WPB has several plusses when I decide to buy instead of rent. For openers, the country music venue changes completely north of Lake Worth Drive. There are 2 bed/2 bath mobile homes on Okeechobee in the $50,000 range that include the lot, an attractive way to get me to spend the winters in Florida. I’ll peek back from time to time.
           Have you been barraged by those Christian Mingle ads? I finally did a fake sign-up to check it out. I hope those women got religion, because they sure as hell don’t have much else. The site attempts a match on the worst possible of grounds—age. You can refine the search, but quite seriously, I would not approach 99% of these women. Ugh, big time. There was one fake-blonde model who is plainly half crazy (which I don’t mind) whom I’d consider if I’d been drinking.
           Pardon me, there is one worse match than age. It’s called height. I like to put down that I am 5-foot-five (a lie) just to see how many women that scares off. I find out they want $67.46 before you can respond. Christian, my eye. You first “contact” will be Cara, whose job appears to be winking at newcomers as part of Mingle’s pitch.
           How about that Howard? Professor Howard’s book, “The Search For The Perfect Whore” (Google Books). Never you mind that Raymond Archer nonsense, this book was written by Professor Howard, I proofread it and I have a complimentary copy. Well, it seems a few of the less savory people in the Dominican Republic have identified themselves with the less savory characters in the book. Since the book is fictional, let that be a lesson before you write anything. When I publish, I expect to get death threats.