Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

April 11, 2012


           Only the most perfect weather finds me working outdoors. I’m sensitive to it physically and emotionally. I learned as a boy I didn’t like dusty, unpaid labor in the hot sun. It took two hours more to install a signal light buzzer on the scooter. The electronics is funny, trying to get it to buzz both left and right, and when the flashers are on. Tricky. This buzzer should be standard. The scooter is too loud to hear the blinker, the dash bulbs too dim to see in the sunlight, and there is no self-cancel feature.
           This structure is a light tent. You amateur photographers know what that is. The blurry, cluttered photos I must sometimes use are soon to be banished. This box will be lined with translucent plastic and I still have to install the camera clamp. The cost is around $15, not bad. Mine is waterproof, collapsible, tough, and sturdier than the cardboard models touted on the Internet.

           And how about that Dow Jones and those triple digit declines? No panic here, as I’m not watching any one indicator, rather a whole series of wild but seemingly unrelated fluctuations. Call me when gold soars, houses drop, Germany bails, and New York does a Chapter 11. The job stats dorks are still counting jobs instead of what those jobs pay and seem to be taking ever longer to report what happened the previous month.
           It was a great day from first daylight, to celebrate I took a three-hour bike tour in the sunlight. Here is another version of the Hollywood Olympics, the bylaw that allows business to impede foot traffic with furniture on the sidewalks. I’m posting this one on Facebook with the alternate caption, “Mommy, why does my sandwich taste like road dust and diesel fumes?”

           I won’t go into any detail, but it becomes increasingly difficult to imagine Cowboy Mike as a serious musician. He quit after two tunes because the volume on his third song “wasn’t right”. The previous time he bailed because he broke a guitar string. To each their own, but if you need everything to be tickiddy-boo, it isn’t going to happen at Jimbos. He should at least have run through his song list to see if anything else was wrong. (There was nothing wrong with the volume.)
           Last, Jackie says he heard somebody playing Karaoke on a regular juke box. This is not the same as the old Acesonic system, which is a completely different standalone Karaoke setup. And not the modified jukebox you rent for $300 a night in New Zealand. But a regular put in your money and play like another music selection jukebox. I have not seen such a thing myself, but there you go. Now the commandos don’t have to be satisfied with boring you, they can croon in your ear, too. Again, I haven’t seen it.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
++++++++++++++++++++++++++