Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Saturday, April 14, 2012

April 14, 2012


           Here’s some spot on marketing. I like to see seniors getting a variety in their diet. Will that be with Spam with cheese or turkey? Hey, all you smart alecks, it isn’t just for Thanksgiving any more. At five bucks a can and rising, you can dice it up in your mac and cheese twice a week, hey, you’re worth it. Splurge, pretend you are in your 20s again and smugly thinking your mortgage makes you better than those of us whose daddy didn’t give us a down payment.
           I missed Karaoke last night, and also the wire-haired lady if she was there. I was cooped up at home, experiencing side effects. Top of those was “insane hunger” from a mild painkiller. To keep distracted, I watched youTube videos of my favorite places in the world, top of the list is Ciudad Bolivar, Venezuela. Watch the video, I’ve been up and down every one of those streets, and seen every site except the multispan suspension bridge. I don’t recall that.

           In all, I’m glad I traveled extensively when I did. I see these videos of Phuket, Borocay, and Chichen Itza and they aren’t really there any more. I traveled alone those years, another good idea. You don’t take sand to the beach. These handy videos weren’t possible just a few years back, but they also show that the tourist types have found the remotest places I’ve ever been. I noticed by the late 90s, prices were also catching up.
           Travel taught me that 99% of the world’s women are quite boring in the long run. They don’t understand once the novelty wears off, they have to keep working at being interesting. If you are going to be interesting, you have to latch on to something that is constantly evolving, bringing new knowledge into the relationship. For me, that has always been learning and doing new things. It has proven impossible, in my lifetime, to find a woman who likes getting smarter. Boy, do I mean that.

           Later, I’m really stuck indoors. Let me describe the hurt. Years ago I fell off my bicycle and the handgrip lodged underneath my rib, pulling it outward. Cracked but not broken, nothing the doctor can do, you can dull but never quite kill the ache. That’s the sensation I’ve got again. You’d stay still, too. Another pain was a review of my resources since May of 2009. I’m getting, overall, poorer at a rate of around $101 per month because my investments have been curtailed. For the first time since I was 28, I have no investments to make up the difference. It will be centuries before I feel the pinch, but operating at a deficit is still never a good idea. Right, Mr. President?

           Since I will never again own a house or any such prime target, I checked prices of mobile homes. There’s mind-numbing stupidity, then there’s people who advertise a mobile home without specifying the lot rent. While I’m seeking a place with the land, I still notice the idiot ads. There’s another pain, trying to imagine how people like that even think they can think. It really hurts the brain.
           Ah, but the question all want to ask is about bingo. Egad, a flop. Now don’t misunderstand me, I always do okay because I know how to negotiate. Overall, though, they may cancel the event if attendance stays low. Many players don’t understand the odds and conclude they can win bigger prizes if the crowd is large. But I may have just described the gambler's credo. The jackpots are 25% of what they were a year ago. There’s not much that can be done to make any changes. It’s a case of where everyone has to make money, not just me, or the show gets yanked.
           It’s a good thing I make such perfect chicken soup. Then every day is a gooder.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
++++++++++++++++++++++++++