Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

April 4, 2012


           Here’s an Internet picture, since I don’t have anything of my own that meets the guidelines. It means nothing but I stumbled across it while hunting for statistics. I found the numbers, and blogging is a declining activity on the Internet. Sigh, including this puppy. It requires at least some talent to keep a blog alive. So by the law of averages, people are flocking to sites where posting is less demanding. Like Twitter or Facebook. Blogger still ranks above Craigslist.
           Other than morning coffee, I wasn’t out today. It is possible my Hungarian lady, the aerobics instructor, might be showing up after all. Of course, things always change whenever I’m second choice, and it would appear the delay in her arrival was over yet another fling that went nowhere. I never did like women who have a pattern of bad decisions. You know the type, they’ll turn down an nice guy and laugh, then get dumped by a bad boy and cry the rest of their lives.

           This means when we meet, even if I like her instantly, there will be all kinds of standoffish hesitation, it’s the way I am. Experience dictates the only relationships that work for me are the ones where there is an instant, exclusive, positive reaction. If there’s a boyfriend, he has to get dumped on the spot. Stuff like that. Remember, I’m networking again and I know how to network. Take the bakery. Howard was in there y’day, and the owners know Agt. M, they’ve met Lance, and they know the people I know at Dekka.
           Is this meaningful? Yes, because I don’t network at street level. All these people are business owners, educated, talented, and that always counts for something. Yes, I do base a lot on these matters, I had my fill of working class heroes and peasant mentalities back on the farm. And over the last place I lived. Networking has been absent from my life ever since we closed the shop.

           The day was too sunny by 11:00 AM so I stayed in the Florida room. I started puttering and I eventually hung shelves, arranged cable hooks, tested two transistor circuits, made the videos and sent them to Singapore, made up a ten minute generic blues backing track, and rearranged the bookshelves. I just felt like keeping busy, and blog rules say the big events of the day get reported.
           Cowboy Mike called, we cancelled the recording session as I didn’t have time since y’day to learn all what he wanted. He forgets we did the easy parts first. I carried on and mapped out the new drum beats for all of my tunes, plus edited the actual patterns to more closely match the originals. Mike, like many people who only think they know about drum machines, was floored when he heard the quality of my programming.

           Two hours total but not all at once found me reading my Reader’s Digest Condensed versions. They are not as bad as some say and represent things I would likely never read otherwise. And I was able to flesh out several more lead guitar riffs, including the pentatonic runs that link them together. I can already hear myself repeating certain motifs, as if my playing is already becoming channelized.
           Ray-B called and we spent an hour going over musical situations. He just got back from New Jersey. He got rid of all his recording gear a year ago, there was a flurry of this during that period. It seems most everybody sold off unproductive gear, and until Trent and I discovered the re-purposing of the digital mixers, everybody seems to have decided it was MIDI or nothing. So there’s no gear around to borrow.

           And no cash to buy any, thanks to my bad choice of lawyers. His position is that he is not responsible for what the court does. My position is that he is responsible for the advice he gave me and that trying to blame the court amounts to ducking the searchlight. The court didn’t give me inaccurate information, he did. Our discussion was 99% about how quickly the matter would get to a hearing, and he said three weeks.
           It is unconscionable for him to separate his mistake from the consequences. He knows I would have made a different decision had I known the true facts. Now he’s playing the angle that it isn’t his job to know anything about his job. Good attorneys are supposed to know about court developments beforehand. The only thing he knows full well he is hanging me out to dry in what could be my last summer.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
++++++++++++++++++++++++++