Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Friday, May 11, 2012

May 11, 2012


           See, I told ya what would happen to house prices when the tourists left this year. The locals keep praying for one more good season to get them over the scrunch. It will never happen, they’ve chased the real money away by being greedy jerks. As long as you aren’t into gated communities of septuagenarians, you can pick up good-area single family homes in West Palm for under 30K.
           I won’t example since I could not begin to move before 2013, but here’s a big place (3/2) in Westfield. I always wanted one of them-there “sir-kyuu-lar” driveways. This repo lists for 9% of its 2006 assessment. My advice to buyers: WAIT. Prices are still, overall, falling.

           Since I mainly did paperwork today, you get some filler. You can decide whether my daily interests have enough span to keep you reading. Meet the Sparrow. I can’t add much to the history in the link, which states Austin Powers drove one in “Goldmember”. Why this car today? Because it is parked about six blocks from here.
           Although the above is a single-passenger vehicle, most states allow operation in the HOV lanes (because it is “fully occupied”). And in Washington at least, you get on and off the ferries first. The updated models, NmG (one passenger) and DUO (two passenger), price themselves out of the market. It registers as a motorcycle and is available from Meyers Motors in Ohio. In comparison to say, an electric motorcycle, I would pay max $12,000 for such a vehicle. And I told them so.

           Why? Because at only 40 miles between charges (and I’m wary of such claims after owning an electric bike for a year), one would still have to keep a gas vehicle for real trips. The surveys that measure commuter hops are overlooking that expensive fact. Long-range electrics exist, like the Karma for $100,000. My ideal electric would go 45 mph for about 135 miles with a 2 hour recharge time with an optional on-board generator.
           Later, I went out, but just to the old club for a quiet one. I met a spritely gal who plays rhythm guitar, gave her my e-mail, but I doubt she’ll call. She seemed like the sort who would rather stay put in an okay situation than take a chance on going for better. But we sure did get along great. I came home long before any Karaoke start times, I remind the reader that Friday’s are not a go-out tradition for me.

           Note: This electric car is outdated technology, built on the theory that the oil Gulf states have vastly and purposely overstated their reserves, although why they would do so makes no sense to me. And for my $12,00, I'd prefer a PEEL.
           Ah, you say, the motive could be to attract heavy investment into their countries which might not happen if the oil is too short term. I say the Arabs, at this time, don’t possess the wherewithal to fool the geologists who make said discoveries for their non-Arab paymasters. That’s why it doesn’t add up for me. I have my own version of Occam’s Razor when it comes to human foibles. Ergo, the Arabs are lying.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
++++++++++++++++++++++++++