Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Saturday, December 15, 2012

December 15, 2012

           Here’s a meme about news stations that capitalize on tragedy. These people are ghouls devoid of an ounce of human compassion. I’m personally glad I don’t know anybody who works at a place like these. But there is another reason for this picture. It had the best available anti-copy protection to prevent a post like this one. I can’t imagine why, unless some no-brain thinks he’s going to start charging people for memes. Hey, Dexter, this copy took me like 30 seconds. I got a new name for crud-heads like you: Generation D.
           What do you know? The scumbag press makes my blog twice today. Associated Press, you are low-lifes. The Arizona powerball winner chose to remain anonymous, but you disregarded that choice and filed for his name under an obscure Arizona law.
           All I got to say to abcnews.com for publishing his picture and showing his house on TV is the “F” word. People like you are a shame upon America. The man has a wife and young daughter to protect and what do evil bastards like you go and do? And don’t hand us that people have a right to know bull donkey. Christian morality says thou shalt not harm even if you can hide behind some outdated law, but you slope-heads don’t get it.
           You know what was funny for me? Watching Ann Coulter reveal how incredibly stupid Whoopi Goldberg is in person. Coulter is all facts, names, dates, and the best Goldberg can do is keep burping the old Coulter isn’t black, so she doesn’t know anything. Um, Whoopi, we’ll be the judges. It is hilarious how you tried to bait Coulter and she shot you down in flames. At 3:57, fatso, you blew your cool. (And please do something about your hair. You're scaring the horses.) You and the other “panelists” had obviously not even read her book. Coulter has a higher IQ than all of you combined, including the host. You people are so stupid you don’t even know when you are out of your league.
           Here is the next level of advertising for my Bakery. They serve sandwiches, and this is the real McCoy. Shown here is what you get for the same price as downtown. But if you notice, you get the whole sandwich. They don’t sell the other half to somebody else for the same price. Are you listening, Subway?
           When will somebody invent the self-policing search engine? The one that allows users to vote search results into categories by majority rule. I need a flask for etchant so I can reuse it without contaminating my supply. It is corrosive, so in particular, I need an Erlenmeyer flask. No matter how I searched on “scientific apparatus lab supplies Florida” I could not locate a single supplier on the system. All I got was the usual tard sites: Ask.com, indiamart, ehow, wikipedia, yellow pages, Amazon, PopSci, Broward Sheriffs Office, NASA, superpages, Angie’s List, Broward Community College and links to fourteen street maps of Salt Lake City.
           Such a new engine is desperately needed to fight back against all the intentional miscategorization clogging web searches these days. People could flag searches so as time goes by, sites that get in your way can be filtered out because 100,000,000 people can vote “Get out of my face, Amazon.” I would write the code tomorrow, but I can’t even find any definitive information on what language is used, much less how to make it work on-line.
           The code will make somebody a billionaire since I can’t possibly be the only one frustrated by Yahoo! and Google. Those outfits have a vested interest in not developing useful filters. Where are all these supposed gurus and whiz kids? The one thing we know for sure is they are not likely at the hockey game listening to Justin Bieber.
           Good music is different. Remember the B.B. King concert I missed on New Year’s Eve, 2003? He’s at the Broward Center this one, and the tickets are $125.00 including parking. I had my 2003 ticket, but I spent the concert time looking out the window of a $700 per night hospital room in South Beach, Florida. Has it been nine years? I last saw him in something like 1981. I don’t like the Blues, but I like B.B. King.

ADDENDUM
           It was 29 years ago (1983) I met Mike Logan, from Palo Alto, CA, on the plane to Mexico City. He was heading for Brazil, me to the Yucatan. He and his mom worked at LA General and his father had been an actor. That was a curious situation, as his father was a stevedore and saw an ad for extras. He applied and was told he didn’t look like a stevedore. The last time I saw Mike was in 1991, when I left LA to go put in another five years at the phone company.
           It was on the 1984 trip back from Palo Alto that my 1974 Maverick blew a gasket. This started the chain of events that wound up in me owning a 1985 Cadillac. It was second hand, but had only 32,000 miles on it in 1989. A building contractor in Everett bought it for his wife and the only thing worn out was the cassette player. (No CDs back then.) Everything else in the car was in mint condition. Mike and Mom were perfect hosts, they gave me the run of the place and in return I got their beautiful piano tuned. Turns out I played it and they didn’t.
           We toured Catalina Island with the dolphins racing the ferryboat. We went to Disneyland where I saw that family with the seven daughters all two years apart. Usually, I toured around myself since Mike and Mom were TV watchers. But one memory that stuck with me was Mike asked if I’d ever seen a million of anything. He stopped the car and we looked over a rise in south LA. It was moments after dark and there were a million lights.
           How do I know it was a million? Well, I have seen exactly a million more times than anybody who ever lived. Since then, whenever I see a movie with that same scene, I know exactly where the scene was taken. It was probably the only thing free left in LA by then. I stayed in last night and watched a so-so cop show called S.I.S. and sure enough. Here is the movie scene. For some reason, I remember this as clear as this after all the years—and it has barely changed.



++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
++++++++++++++++++++++++++