Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Monday, March 20, 2017

March 20, 2017

Yesteryear
One year ago today: March 20, 2016, what miracle medicines?
Five years ago today: March 20, 2012, on perceived value.
Nine years ago today: March 20, 2008, encoded word spacings?
Random years ago today: March 20, 2009, a generic day.

           I’m on the way to Miami. Via Olga, Imokalee, and Carneston. I lost my glasses. From doing 70 mph through Collier County.
           Okay, hello from the Hollywood Library. That’s the real Hollywood, not the one in California where all the weirdos live. I’ll have to make this brief and you won’t see the photos until I get back home. Library computers have something against photos. Agt. R. was over first thing in the AM, we got the new dresser set offloaded into the back yard and covered with tarp. Then I fired up the Rebel and headed south along 98 taking it easy. This is the second big trip for the Rebel and I’ve got the problems mainly diagnosed. The bottom line is it may need a new transmission. This is going to cost the prick that sold it to me a lot more than he ever bargained for.


           It was light enough traffic all the way to the Olga Mall. I stopped there for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Like most people on a diet, what you eat while on a holiday doesn’t count. It was beautiful motorcycle weather all day and I saw close to 170 other bikes on the road. That’s around ten times the usual. I tanked up in Carnestown. This is a stock photo, but it gives you a super idea of the type of roadway I love to ride. If it is a two laner, I want a median.

Picture of the day.
Downtown Bangkok.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           JZ was off work early so I went to see this “car” he’s driving. It’s not a car, dude, that is one of those Chevy Blazers. Not a thing wrong with it. For that matter, it is the type of vehicle he should have been driving all along. So, it needs a new water pump. $400. I gave him a lecture about these expensive trucks he likes. Don’t we all? I said if he goes to trade it in and he gets less than $2,000 for it, the robot club will buy it and park it. It’s got everything, even la-dee-dah power seats.

One-Liner of the Day:
“That Seattle kid who had sex with his teacher
died recently from high-fiving.”


Last Laugh

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
++++++++++++++++++++++++++