Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Saturday, March 13, 1982

March 13, 1982


           Busy day. Lots to do. Oh no, another new border gard (sic). “You from Canada?” “Eh?” Here we go again (Hoser). I stopped in at Moogie’s after work. And I bought a few clothes. Cost a fortune. There will have to be some changes. There is also talk of the gov’t taxing property on its “rental value”. No doubt I’ll hear more about that. I was to broke to do much, so I had a few and went to Boston.

           [Author’s note 2017: I see I was already crossing the border each day to go to work. Being stopped like this, it didn’t take me long to learn how to look and talk Canadian. Later, it would prove less easy to unlearn, for who knew I’d still be crossing that border 14 years later? Boston is a referral to a local pickup joint, not the city. I have no desire to go to that Boston, although one day I might still drive through it.]

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
++++++++++++++++++++++++++