Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

November 21, 2018

Yesteryear
One year ago today: November 21, 2017, at the Opry.
Five years ago today: November 21, 2013, via Ft. Drum.
Nine years ago today: November 21, 2009, grill press?
Random years ago today: November 21, 2006, the parking lot entrance.

           I drove from Flagstaff to Ft. Smith, I arrived long after dark. Let me check, yep, I drove from 3:30AM until 11:30PM. What? Of course I made regular stops. The most enjoyable was in Amarillo, I town I otherwise don't care for. This site was convenient from the freeway and, if dare say, I saw this miniature lady with a shape that proves there's a god. No, not a midget, but a women who stood maybe four-foot-six that looked like a movie star.
           They were doing job interviews and I must say these students, barely out of college, knew a lot more about making the proper enquires than in my day. Back when, you were glad to have a job and found out most of the downsides the hard way. I was amused to see the candidates grilling the interviewer, which holidays are you open and what is you most common employee dissatisfaction. In my day, that was a short trip to the door. With or without assistance.
           The dawn was spectacular, I breezed through Albuquerque, and that weird-named town Tucumcari. That's the tiny stretch east of Amarillo I've never seen. You know what's there? Nothing. Some millionaires pretending they are farmers. The scenery is that hay-yellow winter dry and trees are as rare as good-looking women. Amarillo is practically invisible from I-40 and they've improved it considerably since last trip. East of town, I had the misfortune to drive past the Conway Twitty museum. It was closed due to Veteran's day last trip, let me look that up. Yep, pretty close. I was on the sidecar, some 36 pounds heavier than I am now. I still want to see that place. Right now, every priority is conflicting.

Picture of the day.
Anna Gát on Twitter.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           You'll find a lot of photos from the car this trip. Simple rationale, I did not have time to exit the car and set up tripods. You get what you get this time around. Here is then scenery 107 miles out of Nashville. That's correct. The scenery was the 107 mile sign. I could report the proliferation of crazy Thanksgiving drivers on the road, yet it was not bad. More incredible scenery, but you will have to wait until I sort some 800 photos. You, the reader, gets only the best of the best. It's just this time, you'll have to wait your turn.

Last Laugh