Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Thursday, April 2, 2020

April 2, 2020

Yesteryear
One year ago today: April 2, 2019, ancient aches.
Five years ago today: April 2, 2015, on “old” eyeglass prescriptions.
Nine years ago today: April 2, 2011, pizza, sigh . . .
Random years ago today: April 2, 2005, a Redlands near-anniversary.

           Here’s something from my unpleasant surprises department. I had an envelope ready to mail containing significant documents. Since I’d missed today’s pickup, I set it on the counter. A while later, I got a call and was walking around with the phone. I was repeatedly put on hold, which times I use to read. Things have gotten knocked off that counter before, so I picked up the envelope and inadvertently put it between the book pages. An hour later, after I’d put the book on a shelf, I could not find the envelope. Times like that you realize just how many books there are in this house. Took six hours and I missed mail call again, but it’s done. This picture you can figure on your own. That’s another six hours of work, the first pass just didn’t look right. The boards are not fastened yet, I got tired.
           I’m reading up more on the Forex trading operations. They can deny it, but they are MLM, a socially tolerated pyramid scheme. Consider this. If you bring in three people, you don’t have to pay the monthly usage fee. But those people have to stay active with more than 140 PV per month, except nobody will tell me what PV is. The pressure is to build, as I’ve already said. For example if one of your three people in turn gets three more of their own (called “3 for free”), they drop off your count and you must seek a replacement or pay the monthly fee.

           One of the principles of the company, AuvoriaPrime, was involved in that Bulgarian OneCoin scandal. I didn’t follow it because it stunk from the word go. What’s the name of that concept where people can only trade with the company, but not with each other, and never to outsiders? Something along those lines. My interest so far is strictly learning the system. The claimed return of 3% weekly is nearly 500% annually, too good to be true. I can risk enough money to cover the costs, if it doesn’t, I bail.
           I wasn’t clear about the issue of showing ID for the money order. You see, big government wants a national ID card, which would be opposed if it was called that. Instead, they snuck the provision in by pretending to set nationwide standards on identification. Who could argue with that? Smart people, that’s who. These are not guidelines for the individual states, but a card that must contain a unique identifying number registered at the federal level, and other tidbits. It’s not like once you get the ID, you get to pick and choose who you show it to like the good old days. The government simply then makes it compulsory to show the card for everything. Right now it’s airlines, courtrooms, but how long before it is movie theaters, bars, laundromats? At that point, necessities won’t be far behind.

Picture of the day.
Wyoming, I think.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           Not having extra time, here is a clip from my report to others interested in this Forex operation. It is too good to be true, but the Reb knows a family who have been making the 3% for over a year now. Otherwise, I would have nothing to do with it. Read this with a grain of salt.

           More info on AuvoriaPrime, the name of the outfit I'm looking at.  Yes, the 3% per week is too good to be true, but the Reb knows a lady and her father who have been making that over a year now.  One of the head guys at AuvoriaPrime (Sal Leto) was involved in that Bulgarian OneCoin scam that scalped users for $4 billion, but he's not in jail and is still in the business.  I didn't follow it, but the lady behind the sham, Dr. Ruja Ignatova, was apperently something else, able to mesmerize a room by just walking in.  Like Hitler, you'd never know it by looking.  She disappeared last year.  Everybody knows she's hiding on her uber-ultra-mega-hyper-macro=super-yacht.

           The [AuvoriaPrime] software is rented but the monthly fee ($189) is waived if you bring in 3 people for each whole month.  If any of those get their own 3 people, they drop off your list and you must find a replacement or pay up.  The whole setup stinks of MLM.  Fortunately, my counterpart does business with them all the time and has no aversion to the scheme.  Just don't say the P-word.  In a sense, the gig economy makes MLM the only option for all but the best and brightest millennials. A rare breed indeed these days.  Except for Dr. Ruja, the CryptoQueen, born in 1980. She was the best.

           My calculation of 479% compounded annually rivals the west coast housing market.  Obviously, something bites into that and the only way to find out is likely to be joining.  MLM people never give straight answers.  Even their seminars are scripted.  One thing notable is that their best product, Ainstein, is not legal to use in the USA.  It's the package that executes trades automatically based on your input.  The SEC rules that every trade must be manually okayed.  Strange, the country that invented MLM won't allow it on the stock market.  However, between the Reb & I, we should be able to click on most trades rather quickly.

           Getting paid is another problem.  Cash is anonymous, cash on-line isn't.  I tried to get a SafetyPay account and was flatly refused because I'm American.  That's the international company that will send funds to any destination based on a code, not an identity.  Regimes like Latin America are big users.  That, and the banned auto-trading puts a severe limit on US operations.  Then again, MLM is like pizza-by-the-slice, it only works until everybody else is doing it.  The next cycle starts this Sunday, I've committed the cash but have not decided to go active.  Why?  Because every step I take that is supposed to be the final hurdle just uncovers another layer and another layer.  It's the old pitch where the further they can get you to wade in, the less likely you'll stop.  I told them no commitment until there are no more "steps".

ADDENDUM
           I have a Zoom account just as their usage is exploding by people working remotely. Once again, a crummy outfit gets on top by being first to market. They are being tasked by California for privacy invasion, SpaceX banned it, and I know the encryption they use is not end-to-end. There is also evidence Zoom collected user data and sold it to Facebook. Then there was the email address book leak. This is actually all secondary to my first comment about Zoom installing mystery code on your computer.
           Sadly, after I installed Zoom, I discovered you could join most meetings without the download. Just click on "join from your browser" as shown below.



           Note, this only works if the meeting host has not changed certain default settings. But when was the last time the average user did that?

Last Laugh