Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Sunday, February 7, 2021

February 7, 2021

Yesteryear
One year ago today: February 7, 2020, fences, flowers.
Five years ago today: February 7, 2016, because you don’t have to.
Nine years ago today: February 7, 2012, but not the price.
Random years ago today: February 7, 2008, most have blue eyes.

           Here’s your typical flooded street, I told you it was coming down. And this being Florida, don’t drive through the water. You don’t know the condition of the street underneath it. Hell, in some of the Miami neighborhoods, somebody may have stolen the pavement. While my arm is no more painful than usual, the therapy leaves weakness that makes even driving chore. So I got sweet zero done today, buoyed only by all the people in the area receiving notices their stimulus money is on the way. Good, I need a shop vacuum and a gas chain saw.
           I took the morning off and went to the coffee shop, where I was alone until a few strangers showed up. The talk is Frostproof, just 30 or so miles away, is declaring the first week of February as Trump Week as a permanent celebration. The Democrats are trying everything possible to quelch anything Trump, even pressuring banks to refuse service to his supporters. Seems they fear him still, if not more every day. There’s a rumor they will name Highway 27, the one I use all the time, after Trump.

           By noon, I could not hold a pencil, I was this weak once before, in 2005. So I read a book on forensic crime, but it was all old material. One crime that forensics has made very difficult is poisoning. It still happens but only 15 times a year in the USA. I didn’t mention science, which has taken a new turn in the age of millennial indoctrination. Check the BitChute science link, “Nazi U-boat Flying Saucers Found in Antarctic Swamp”.
           And what’s this Chrysler is ready to produce a flying car. Actually, that is a stupid idea, so it is more like an electric airplane which operates as point-to-point taxi service. With the state of education in this county, we can’t have people flying airplanes the way they drive cars. But the concept has to make the rounds every few years, so call it a flying car if you want. People who have no business possessing a driver’s license should not be pretending to be pilots.

Picture of the day.
Middle of ocean, I think.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           Two more songs on the list are ready, both with scrawny bass lines, which lends to me just reinforcing whatever the drummer is doing. They are “Walk Softly” and “Seminole Wind”, both take around five minutes to ace, except for a couple of rapid studio runs near some turnarounds. I’ve now played 75% of the tunes on McRoy’s list without and confirmation or assurance. But the sound was good enough from the start to take the chance this band could be playing out within a matter of weeks. Did I mention he’s been trying to find a bass player for a year?
           Bernie Sanders made headlines. The old commie has his moments. He pointed out that there is a single address in the Cayman Islands, a “five-story building”, that is the headquarters of 18,857 American corporations. I had this idea thirty years ago, but did not know how to set it up. I was thinking of something along the lines of off-shore markup. Then I learned they were going to outlaw that and require stickers or tags stating the country of origin.

           I don’t have pets, but that’s not the same as having no animals. This squirrel is the tamest of the lot, or I should say the least spooked by people. He’s learned to follow Matilda, the chicken, because she’s a fussy eater. The cardinals are back, I don’t count the smaller birds, and I may set the time lapse cam in the back yard to see if the orange cat is using the hut. I should have got some work done today. Practicing music does not count.
           Railroads are still a powerful element in America, just not for passenger travel. So I am watching an extensive documentary. Hmmm, 42% of all freight still moves by rail, and the US has more freight than the rest of the world. It may not be the fastest, but it is the most efficient due to containerization. The largest commodity? Coal. My interest is Amtrak and passenger service, which I feel should be totally revamped and tailored as an alternative to airports. The biggest downside is the railway stations are not longer in safe or convenient parts of town.

Last Laugh