Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Friday, November 19, 2021

November 19, 2021

Yesteryear
One year ago today: November 19, 2020, Apple was lying.
Five years ago today: November 19, 2016, the last comfort zone.
Nine years ago today: November 19, 2012, Kingdom Brunel.
Random years ago today: November 19, 1994, rent three chairs, man.

           Since age 30, my birthday has been an indistinct date in November, only because I am a Scorpio. Read today’s link to Caracas in 1994, one of my favorite. Tend to remember the situations more than the events, and at that time I was still stinging from recent emotional losses and did not know I would be leaving my job within 18 months over that. In Venezuela, there are no artificial rules about dating whomever you want. Sigh, was that really 27 years ago? I always was a one-woman man when I had the right woman. That part has never been easy. Let’s look at the news feeds, as I’m up early and not looking forward to the headlight problem on the van.
           Oh my God, have you seen the lineup for the Miss Arizona Pageant. More like a hippo stampede. I double-checked and it is the correct URL, so these comments are at face value. I speak for many that these should be beauty contests, not pushing the fat-girls-need-love agenda. Have these people got rocks for brains? Not one natural blonde in the lineup, and no, lightened darker blonde does not count. No wonder these events have been losing ground so fast.

           To make matters worse, the candidates, who are obviously senior-university age and past their primes, have to fake being attached to social causes. Oh, I’m saying they are babes, just not beauty-contest babes. Such women care less about the common rabble, but now they are quoting eating disorder statistics instead of singing “God Bless The USA”. Unacceptable.

           I’ll spare you pics of my wonderful van with the hood up and tell you the tale from the trailer court. I replaced the thermostat, a job made easier because I have learned there is a housing in the way that requires removal with the metric equivalent of an 11/14ths wrench. That compounds my already low opinion of engineers, which was not helped when I fixed the headlight problem Not the bulbs, not the switch, not the wiring. Some may ask why did I not check the fuse or relay. Tell you what, go on-line and tell me where that object is. Because it does not exist.
           Instead, there is a front module thing that is not user-friendly. The lights were a compound problem, which are the worst to troubleshoot. I cleaned all the contacts and the lights would come on, but then shut off. In a while I spotted they conked out when I moved away from the front of the vehicle. Ah, some kind of sensor. Some of these vehicles have a headlight dimmer, but not this van. However, knowing Chrysler, they install some kind of generic module and just don’t plug in the sensor.

           Now, this van has no low beams, I told you about that. What if this sensor that isn’t there is dimming the high beams, leaving me in the dark? The headlights may not have a fuse, but I’ll bet the sensor does. In no time at all, I had the offending gadget in my hand, a ten-amp fuse that says rear G light, which I think is that LED overhead brake light. The fuse looked good, but I replaced it and now I have headlights again.
           However I make it sound, this is draining work and the Internet is no help. Not a single search result of any use, but tons of garbage. What sort of snarf posts a how-to video with a three-minute commercial? Like people who need the diagram of a fuse box want to watch stupid vitamin commercials first. There was no perceptible increase in quality on any site that went for intrusive advertising. What is intrusive? Then the ad gets in your way, when the ad goes after you instead of the other way around. Pay per click does little but increase an already offensively massive flow of shallow, repetitive posting.

           Blog rules, I must mention my bass arm. It is arthritis-like, but did not stop me from working later today. The concern is how persistent it’s become. The pain is deep in the arm and cannot be relieved by any amount of heat, cold, pressure, movement, position, or balm. This concerns me greatly. The therapy clinic told me this was likely, even after successfully restoring most of my shoulder movement. This is my upper arm.

Picture of the day.
Navassa Island.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           Who can avoid hearing the Rittenhouse verdict? Good news for him but the significance is much wider. He was improperly charged by a collaboration of left-thinking organizations and individuals. If the FBI had any worries about their reputation, those may become nightmares. They have shown they have been on the other side for decades, buffaloing people into prison, manipulating and withholding evidence, and obeying only their paymasters. Correct me if I am wrong, but do not the states have to allow the FBI in before they can operate there? If so, this trial outcome could spell the end of their tenure.
           As one Gabster put it, what are the odds that someone fires three rounds into a crowd of Democrat voters and hits a convicted thief, a wife-beater, and a pedophile? The fake media, led by MSNBC now that CNN has self-destructed, have gone loopy. Saying the trial was staged to support white people’s right to kill non-whites, calling for riots and violence, and seemingly oblivious to the fact people can now pretty much kill anyone who attacks them at a riot. Nobody cries when liberals die, not even other liberals. This could escalate quickly.

Who is this Empress, this cat of such contentment? Meet the all-growed-up Vina, pet of my estate executor. We’ve been in touch a lot by e-mail, did I mention she broke her foot? She has to wear this brace she calls the robo-boot. Looks like a ski boot to me. Anyway, she stayed with the company after I left and has done very well for herself. Indeed. We were never an item, but great company so we never went anywhere alone. Sure, use me for bait, I don’t care.
           As such, we were permanent members of the breakfast club, the only pairing to never miss a weekend in ten years. I drove a Cadillac, she drove an Oldsmobile, those were the days. Our combined income, let me calculate that in today’s money. Hang on. Okay, it would be, take-home, around $126,000 per year. So we rarely missed an occasion, both having an aversion to company functions and hangouts. Our favorite destination on long weekends was the mountains east of Cour d’Alene and the area around Missoula. One winter we took three weeks off and rented a condo on the Oregon coast. Back when it was still Oregon.
           The van work got me tired just enough to miss the afternoon. When I finally got out to the shed, the sun was low and that means mosquito city. I got a couple of panels up and I don’t think the shed will look as bad as I imagined. You see, the other guy who I know built a pallet shed made it two-foot on-center and the longest size you can saw a normal pallet board is three feet. Thus, I get to stagger the size and length of each piece and it breaks up the pattern nicely.

ADDENDUM
           The Epstein trial thing drags on with the prosecution of his secretary, or Madam, whatever. America is country that goes through phases of what is the “most horrible” crime at a time, and right now it is pedophilia. But, if you look at most of Epstein’s “victims”, they are not children. True, a lot of them are not adults either, but remember the age of consent in some states was 14 until 1995, when a study showed half of teen pregnancies between 15 & 17 were caused by men over 20. The intent of these laws was to prevent these women from winding up on welfare, not to regulate sexual activity.
           What’s more, even with the faces blotted out, all of the girls in the pictures with Epstein are not what the captions are saying. I’m not defending the guy, I just think he his behavior is typical of the rich, that he is smarter than to actually break the law in a way he could be caught, and that he was singled out for some reason. There is always the question of consent. The State has no business ruling on who can have sex with whom, that is a parental responsibility. In law, age difference was the determining factor. Underage teens are never charged, known as the “Romeo & Juliet” defense, but I think it should be called “Adam & Eve”.

           One more item, I don’t like the way the private investigator blabs about Epstein. He’s an ex-cop and everything he says reeks of ex-cop. He “thought” the girls looked underage, he “disliked” Epstein’s parties, he “disapproved” of the parade of young girls. But any facts and confirmation are missing, turning him into just another jealous snoop. All he says is conjecture and that’s typical of men who never scored when they were young, so they turn on men who score. It’s a dirty cop mentality that plays on America’s fantasy that teenage girls are angelic virgins until midnight on their 18th birthday.
           I remind the reader I am also no fan of repressed memory. It’s just too, too many middle-aged women who didn’t pan out that decide they were molested, abused, raped, and so on, twenty years earlier. Society recognizes that the seriousness of crimes abates over time. A bank robbery in 1850 is not as urgent as one at noon yesterday. This is why I believe in statutes of limitation for all except capital crimes. How serious can a crime be if the victim chooses to wait twenty years to report it?

           I make no exception because the allegation was sex, and that is one topic about women that has never confused me. They seem to learn later in life, probably from television, that men won’t be believed when they say she was a more than willing participant. One more thing, every one of these women, by the time they complain, have lost all their charms. That cannot be coincidence.

Last Laugh