Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Friday, January 21, 2022

January 21, 2022

Yesteryear
One year ago today: January 21, 2021, my favorite window.
Five years ago today: January 21, 2017, an inspired writing.
Nine years ago today: January 21, 2013, dating Estelle.
Random years ago today: January 21, 2009, Cash Cab was neat.

           Pancakes again, as the cool mornings have me inside and paying too much attention to politics. Let’s take a peek. What’s this, all the hundreds of thousands of video cameras all over Europe came from the same Chinese Factory? A heads-up to those who think IoT is just okay. The entire media spectrum that covered the Tesla worker who dropped dead on the spot has failed to mention if he was jabbed. The same media is calling down Gab saying the politicians who now use it are not “growing their audiences” as fast as the media thinks they should, duh.
           Ah, here’s a cute one. There is something afoot to compensate people like Rittenhouse who are wrongly accused and/or acquitted. That’s always been a good idea, but why now? Ah, the RINOs see an opportunity. If there is a change of regime in November, if they get arrested and squirm out of it, as the rich are wont to do, they could seek millions in compensation. Clever.

           Getting started on cold days isn’t my strong point, but I was busy before noon. Here’s a view of a week’s supply of chicken, just out of the pot. The color is from a chili-powder & cinnamon mix during the process. Sure enough, the one rafter I chose as a template was a bad one. Every other had to be adjusted as I went down the wall. A work day later the only real progress was getting a sheet of plywood up there to protect the dryer from the elements. And provide spot to leave the tools safely if I’m just stepping away. One trip for spuds and chicken set me back $30. JZ called lamenting that he didn’t learn his computer basics, as his situation means inflation really bites into him.
           That was an informative call, he stopped short of saying he regrets not learning that complete computer system I once set up for him. It means he is considering a part time job and that he’s finally slowing down. Good, you can’t haul lumber and pipes forever. He’s stuck, however, when it comes to “office” work, which these times means desk and computer. Before I forget, the birds have still not changed to my backyard feeders, but I can hear them out there. Anything could spook them, maybe reflections from the window panes.

           Today we got treated to a NYT that is changing tack. They are suddenly printing pictures and article of black murderers. They’ve seen the approaching November earthquake and are trying to hedge their bets. Too late, they declared themselves the enemy and supported a tyrannical regime. They printed misinformation and supported bogus impeachments and slanted articles against patriots. I personally hope the entire staff is imprisoned or worse, but it will in any case be fun to watch them now claiming they were only doing their jobs. Yes, and that cost other people their jobs. They supported a stolen election and played along with the insurrection hoax. A simple “oops sorry” is not going to cut it.
           Blog readership has returned to normal. This time, I followed the stats and by comparison, we are not that bad at all. Why, here is a picture of a pineapple stalk. Eliminating the commercial blogs, we’ve been in the top 1,000 since 2011 and at times have dipped into the top 500, again that’s non-commercial blogs. I can’t compete with funded sites. It was a five-hour day and tired from work is not a concern. To illustrate how America has gone for a shit, here are the default links that appeared on my work computer browser when I logged on this AM:

                      Best yoga stretches to get you started.
                      12 ideas to organize your kitchen.
                      Play Forge of Empires for free.
                      Backstory of the 100-calorie snack.
                      Is human consciousness electromagnetic.
                      Need cash, refinance your house.
                      Hidden connections between simple numbers.
                      The surprising benefits of unconditional positive regard.

           The economy is collapsing, food shelves are empty, the police are arresting grandmothers, and a witch it about to become the President, but what do Americans concern themselves with in the morning? No wonder the world thinks we are buffoons. Or baboons, whichever is worse.

Picture of the day.
Winding road.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           Here’s some coffee a dollar more than the rest. An excellent brew. The brand is “7AM Saturdays”. I agree. These are all brands that fit into the Keurig maker. If you want Keurig coffee cartridges, the are almost double the price and no significant improvement. I went back over and “repaired” the rafters, and it’s true, each one was slightly different. But I now have experience with the bird’s-beak cuts, although I do believe angle cuts will always plague me. I can measure them with a laser or mark them right on the bench and they still come out slightly wrong. I’m better than I was but angles don’t like me.
           There may be an answer to why so many Georgia counties don’t have the required information on their sites. I found an unofficial map that shows which counties have consolidated, reducing the total of lists to the 78 I noticed a month ago, thinking that number was too low. Again, I won’t pay for a list I can get myself but I would like to see a sample. Why? Because of the mess of different formats the various counties use. If it is an xlxs sheet, it take up to a half-hour to open it on my laptop, which resorts to Libre and hasn’t worked right in months.

           Ready or not, we get underway on Monday. Of all the lists, I have it down to maybe five or six where I’m reasonably certain it is the same people. We are dealing with properties here, so many of them are estates, which I want to leave until later to get comfortable with that procedure.

Last Laugh