Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Friday, October 7, 2022

October 7, 2022

Yesteryear
One year ago today: October 7, 2021, constant innovation.
Five years ago today: October 7, 2017, the unmistakable impact.
Nine years ago today: October 7, 2013, no-fail college exams.
Random years ago today: October 7, 2012, vegetarians, batbike, Titanic.

           The only thing missing in Tennessee for a picture perfect season is red leaves. What’s here is nice but the countryside looks like deer camouflage. Today was mostly logistics and a major trip out to Franklin in the morning. On the return leg, we stopped at Trader Joe’s again, where I picked up a bottle of peanut butter porter. It’s first for me, I’ve never heard of beer called porter. I looked it up and it seems it was made for poor English out of ingredients such as were available. I tend to get lost still in Franklin. Until I was 35-ish, I could remember every place I’d been. Once I paid off my student loan, no way.
           JeePee knows me, or at least in the sense that turtles can do that. He had a specialty turtle diet before, it’s something I just don’t trust. I began making him fresh meals and that is where we discovered he loves chicken, especially spicy chicken. This morning I served him a chicken, with collard greens on the side, which he also loves. And blueberries. He can make a real mess of those. That’s my pal, JeePee. I’m climatized to Tennessee which took four days this visit. I don’t have arthritis but I feel the difference the cool makes.

           The doggies are getting shorter walks, but more of them. Good, because the KIA van turns out to be just a few inches too short, I probably said. Sleeping in it meant I could not stretch out and sure enough, my recent back injury decides to act up. Good thing I stocked up on coffee. This is all I have to report this morning. We also put in the order for my AP700 pneumatic nail punch and I’ve decide the van only gets a Yeti 500X until I check more about the technology. The reviews read a little too positive, know what I mean?
           They have a low end model, the 200X and the 150X has been discontinued. That tells us there is a size not to go below, and they also discontinued a 400X. People buy what works when it comes to these puppies, so rather than chance the smaller unit, I’ll go for the 500X at over $500. What sold me was the two A/C outlets. The smaller units have one, which means stringing out a power bar and other things I don’t like.

           The news says Musk is going to buy Twitter after all, meaning if what he’s expressed before, censorship is out the door for the libtards that own the site. Of course, they will scream he is going to turn the place into an ultra-right Trump organization geared to assure his 2024 victory. In tech news, Telegram’s founder has issued the same warning this blog did in 2010, the system is spyware. For me that was an easy call, as I had the computer shop where we were continually watching the operating systems. After a while, you develop a feel for how many bites it takes to do things. We spotted Telegram and Windows Vista (and everything after Vista) as simply having far too much code for their declared purpose.
           Here’s a Tales From The Trailer Court prediction for you. I dislike Google almost immediately because of its potential for abuse. It has never been my default browser and I only use it when there is no other choice. Well, I say they are going to get investigated and are preparing to skip town because they are guilty. Today we learn they are investing $700 million in China. Coincidence?
           Get a load of this horror movie sound effects device.

Picture of the day.
Autumn.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           Glasses for children who don’t need glasses. Here are some plain plastic lenses. Like all materials, they block certain wavelengths of light simply due to their atomic structure. Blue light glasses to protect from the evil rays emitted by laptops, TVs, and phones. It reminds me of how the electric company advised people to leave a light on when watching television to protect their eyes from strain. Or the stickers on tomatoes that say “gluten free”. To me, it is all part of the disturbing trend of today’s college people having no intention of working to pay off their student loans. Not now that the Internet has legitimized low-level scamming.
           What’s more, it is part of the propaganda. They want illegals who will do jobs that Americans won’t. That’s nonsense, Americans would do the work if they had to like I did. If I got through school piling lumber, driving cab, and working the orchards, so can these millennials. They complain there are no entry level jobs, but I have yet to drive past a road crew consisting entirely of white males. Instead, they are increasingly resorting to these little rip-offs, the kind that used to exist in the back of old comic books.

           Shopping for materials. That’s what I have to say for this afternoon. I raided the cull cart at the lumber yard and picked up almost enough lumber to build a raised cot in the van so I can stretch full length. What a deal, the staff was just changing as I wheeled up my cart and rather than look up every piece, they rang up the whole lot for $4. Such a deal, including three large six-foot 1”x12” planks. Soon as I get home those get slated for building a box as I replace the cot with pallet slats. Get ready for some rocking chair news. Either than walking the dogs, not much is underway.
           Let’s look at the news feeds. Biden has resorted to paid clappers for applause. The radical left and their media cronies have begun the election poll hoax that the races are tightly run. They need very narrow margins to use their traditional cheating methods. They need a window after the Republican votes are announced to work their formulas and many states are closing that window. The Democrats are screaming voter suppression, that dead people will now have trouble voting. Don’t laugh, the Leftists are risking nuclear war to get their way. There are no other countries on Earth ripe for the plucking and they would rather destroy America than lose it.

           The traditional places we used to go for dinner are now all closed, bankrupted by the COVID hoax. Some of these were famous, like Nadeens, which was boarded up last time I drove past. There are a few newer spots, but these are not American food. Japanese and Mongolian, people who could run a restaurant on the Moon. In the end, we cooked at home but I did meet a dude who was building his own bass banjo. I didn’t ask to hear it, but if you do let me know.
           I’ve seen gas for $2.99 as the D-party drains the national reserve to boost their election numbers. Except it isn’t working this time. If they win, prices will shoot up to $8 or $9 by some estimates. Fox has taken to saying some criminals have “dark white skin”. Another block-chain currency turns out to be a rip-off. I’ve long predicted a fire-breather would arise to save us from this degeneracy, and now I’m asking where the hell is he? Hard to believe as it is, there are still people using PayPal even after losing money in “fines” for selling “misinformation”.

Last Laugh