Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Thursday, November 10, 2022

November 10, 2022

Yesteryear
One year ago today: November 10, 2021, a solid 2.5.
Five years ago today: November 10, 2017, $101.01 “just in case”.
Nine years ago today: November 10, 2013, 35,000 orange trees.
Random years ago today: November 10, 2007, a typically Florida day.

           This is the cooktop range I’m talking about. It fits into a countertop, dimensions shown here. The controls are built into the surface, so how you touch them is guesswork to me. Those measurements given means this is a good fit to the top of my existing stove, though I’d have to carefully interpret the instructions. The plan is to remove the entire top of the stove that how has four burners and replace it with this flat top. The only challenge would be the wiring, which I am certain the robot club would have little trouble dealing with. With this comes this morning’s announcement that Oreo is pulling their ads from Twitter. Things are getting serious. Someone egged King Charles, but we are talking cookies here.
           Have you heard the latest from Argentina? A U-boat wreck is being played up as the one that took Hitler to S. America in 1945. The hilarity is that the people writing the script do not know their history. They call it a Nazi u-boat, maybe they have seen its membership card. Experts from the Daily say it “could be a real Nazi submarine”. Until further notice, it is a publicity stunt from a failing resort in northern Brazil.

           I talked to Dave, the piano player, again. He is okay with a duo, but stresses he wants heavy harmonies. Except, he doesn’t sing them much. We’re planning a quick sound check in a while to see if there’s any potential. How I’d hate to lose a potentially great little band over a matter that two people can’t sing at the same time. Still, it’s the best shot I’ve got in Polk County. The constant rain has me inside with just the radio, so let’s see what news is on the amalgamators. Musk orders Twits back to the office, no more pretend work from home. Amazon, in another first, looses a trillion in stock value. and you didn’t need me to warn you about Google Chrome so many years ago. It’s a keylogger and it has your credit card number and PIN.
           The Webb [telescope] is under fire for keeping images back for a year. It’s publicly funded, say the taxpayers, and the information should be free to all. I agree. Ten billion is nothing to sneeze at, unless you are Amazon, ha-ha. This “vegetarian” factory caught my attention, it’s for school lunch in India. Called biryani, it is spiced rice. I ate it almost exclusively when in Delhi, but it is available with goat or chicken if you want. The spice mixture is usually a guarded secret. It’s curry, folks. India is where I learned to add ingredients directly into the pre-cooked rice mixture, something I found rare in America.
           That’s the wonderful aroma you detected. I’m making rice with coconut oil and a hint of sesame oil. The rest is baked chicken and veggies in the oven, ready in around 10 more minutes. The spices I use are all basics except for this new to me turmeric. It’s pretty mild but adds a great yellow coloring I certainly like. Before I forget to mention it, somebody cut down the tree between where all four lots come together. I’ve been meaning to but I’m glad they did as that was a real chore hauling the cut pieces over that chain link fence.

           This is why I don’t like driving in Miami. This truck is carrying highly pressurized carbon dioxide. The driver probably does not speak English and has a cultural difference in the way he values human life. I’ve lived and worked in Latin America and the standards are lower. This guy cut in front of me at rush hour.

Picture of the day.
Failed Australian farm.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           That was Wilford at the door, he brought over the shop blower. It’s like brand new. We ran it a few minutes and it will be fine. I’ll examine the rig they have set up at Harbor Freight and see what I can slap together. It’s plenty powerful and has a 110V motor, I’d say at least three horsepower and not that noisy by itself. We set it on the workbench inside the shed for now. You can see from this view the thing is quite brand new. This took time so we got to talking. That craft meet is running again, I may not have seen it because they moved it around the corner to the church service center. That’s where I once set up the hot dog cart.


           What’s more is he knows a lady there who has a stand. I call these folks “Etsies” and this one has a laser cutter. Wilford says it’s a cheap model that takes forever. For me, that’s still an operation of intense interest. I showed Wilford the ease of dismantling the pallets and the setup to make the jigs for saw ponies. We now plan to meet up there on Saturday to see if anything has changed. They had a restriction before that you can only sell articles you made yourself, but if I recall, the idea was to stop people from retailing factory goods. It may not apply to selling obviously home-made items like what I have in mind.
           I have most of the parts to piece something together, but not the “cyclone” that’s recommended. I have nine pieces of flex hose and it’s all in great condition. These are to feed seven tools, plus I plan on two free hand-held pieces for general use. I doubt I’ll worry about using filters but I could attach a magnet considering the number of screws and nails that have disappeared here over the years. Here’s a picture of dry fitting some of the hose to 3” PVC, I think it is 3”, I’ll soon find the correct diameter. I’m more concerned right now about building some blast gates.

           Naturally curious, he asked what the other jogs and saws are for and he was impressed by the wooden tool boxes. Around the best one I ever made is for the propane torch, He says people pay $50 and $60 for things like that at the fair. If so, I would like to see this for myself. I showed him around the shed which right now has nothing but potential. The drizzle has stopped, I may get an hour of work done yet today. I’m glad I saved those hose ends from the old church pool, as they are nearly the right size for the sawdust ports on my tools. If not, there is always the handyman’s secret weapon, duct tape.
           Nope, the drizzle started again and I was constantly having to walk outside every few moments. So back inside with more coffee and laughing at the beauty contest in New Hampshire with the queer winner. Folks, that is not the real America. These are the sick 16% that could only thrive in an open society like ours and they take advantage of every opportunity to pull stunts like this. It’s how they roll. And personally, I have no sympathy for any party that loses big money on crypto-currency. While the concept of this money makes some sense, one look at the people who are running the bank tells you they stink to high heaven. And the Canadian government has told people they should wear masks indoors.

           And PsyPost has published a study showing attractive female students get higher grades, known as a “beauty premium”. However, this advantage disappears when the classes are remote and the instructor does not know the student names. Additionally, the higher grades were in non-quantitative courses. However, there is no such correlation with male students. Male students who are attractive kept their edge regardless of how the course was taught.
           Aha, so that explains why I was a straight-A student my whole life.

ADDENDUM
           Politics is way down here today, where it belongs. The corrupt media is tripping over itself with fake announcements and select phrases obviously created long ago in case their fraud didn’t work. For instance, this “red ripple” thing, it seems to have fooled nobody except their long-term disciplies. Let’s look at some facts. First, as of now, some 219 people endorsed by Trump have been elected. Mind you, it seems any Democrat can extend the counting period if he’s behind, but not one Republican can stop it when he’s ahead. Nonetheless, even if the on-going fraud continues, the Republicans can now stall any new laws and have control over what is investigated.
           My prediction is the Jan 6 people will be released and the Bidens placed into focus—although nothing will happen to punish any of the wrong-doers. The Republicans are chickenshits that way, but mind you the voter backlash is stronger than anybody predicted. Worse for the Democrats is they cannot push any bills through and their policy of appointing judges is stalled.

           This has ramifications. The Left spent hundreds of millions on their campaigns and traditionally that comes from people who expect big favors in return. The Bidenistas still owe for their 2016 and 2020 promises. It has come about (as I so deftly predicted) that the Patriot party does not even need to counteract that nonsense, they need only bring it to a halt and even then only temporarily. Any interruption rapidly catches up to the crooks. Myself, I would cut off NATO, the WHO, all foreign aid, and stop payments to any government agency that got itself into politics. But that’s just me.
           The fun with the news is likely just beginning. They not only have to downplay the red wave, they have to push the narrative that the Republican White supremacist racists cheated and that late-night discoveries of crates of uncounted ballots in swing states all in favor of the Blue is oh-so normal. The next planned move for the D-party is likely to be that since he failed, it is time to “move on” from Trump. Sure, right after they just nearly shit their pants. Move along folks. Nothing to see here.

Last Laugh