Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Thursday, March 16, 2023

March 16, 2023

Yesteryear
One year ago today: March 16, 2022,one busy day.
Five years ago today: March 16, 2018, testing the cart.
Nine years ago today: March 16, 2014, The Tijuana connection.
Random years ago today: March 16, 2001, my daily view.

           Recognize this? The repaired set screw, now untwirled and back in operation. The work is a little rough but I’m no skilled watchmaker. With a little nudging, the hex is now 2.5mm, you can see where I worked the file and hacksaw to just clear the metal enough to salvage the piece, which I mentioned is first class American quality. Does the picture seem clearer, more balanced, and showing more information in the perspective? Glad you noticed, and I’m still working on the camera bracket. If I get it right, there is potential for some videos showing this type of work.
           I’m also devising a small “burn bucket”, a small metal container to hand inside the burn barrel to burn the gunk out of pieces that can’t be cleaned easily by other methods. One is the plugs cut by these hole drills. If it wedges above the cleaning cutout, what a chore that becomes. An exceptional cool morning.

           Another four hours but pretty light duty. Two loads of laundry, cut some lumber, and build (finally) a better perch for the Downeys to reach the suet. And watering the plants, which I finally do without thinking. Tomorrow, I’ll get you some closeups of the peach tree leaves and any papaya lovers, that slight yellow tinge I noticed is noticeably larger and brighter. At this rate, however, at least another month. Hmmm, a seven-hour day, sort of, so I’m proud of me. Let me check the news feed.
           The usual junk, so I drilled some of the new breadboard bases to see what works best. And my 500 daily code characters. Not words, characters, so around ten to thirteen minutes actual code time. I would not be handy in an emergency because my rate declines after a couple minutes. So make that five two-minute sessions. It’s a lot better than ever, but it is like building a wooden box. Unless you always do it, you sort of have to relearn it every time you get back to it. It was a one gallon day for peach tea, with two squeezed limes. Food remains, blog rules I must report that. The reason is so I won’t forget to mention it to my doctor.
           Two more yard plans. The laundry deck proves so comfy to work in, I’ve measured the rest of the yard that has a similar branch cover and afternoon shade. I have enough spare lumber to put up a canopy all the way from the red shed to the back yard. This would get my plant work bench out of the afternoon sun, where it can easily soar over 100°F, which scorches the bench for about an hour a day.
Picture of the day.
The Shambles, York, England.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           The latest female squirrel is not taking the bait. Trap-shy is the term. So in the end, I put in a record ten-hour day. I can honestly say I got more done than anybody who works for the DMV. I hauled out the ladder and sealed off the sides of the silo where it angles along the roofline. I never could cut angles and I know that rodent would find the tiniest gap if I was away for even a week and there is food in that shed. The shortages never did materialize, instead prices went up. So I’m saving a bundle using up things before their expiry date.
           The cost of subsistence living is still $24 per day, depending on how self-sufficient you are. Utilities, food, taxes, insurance, and gas make up $21 of all that now that Biden has tripled food and gas. Insurance is a scam on a national scale. You see, you don’t collect the full amount of your damages unless the other party has insurance, in which case the does not pay. His insurance company pays and passes the cost on to the public, who are required by law to have insurance for most things. It’s a scam from the word go.

           France is in turmoil. Only a few tiny videos of the violence, showing mostly flames and no people are released. This could be the one, the leftist tyrants were bound to go to far. They own their campaign donors and have been unable to print and steal money fast enough to satisfy the debt. I watched several short videos over after-supper coffee, where woketards went over why workers owe them a part of their labor. Let me explain what growing up in a libtard atmosphere is like, I have first-hand experience. Imagine a pile of dog shit in the back yard. It has been there a while and the rest of the family walks past it every day, complaining about it.
           Then, you come up with an idea to do something with it. Suddenly up starts the yowling. Each of them now lays claim to an equal share of that dog pile. You cannot touch their valued property without detailing how you will pay them an equal share of any proceeds. So, years later that pile is still there and you’d think that was the end of it. Nope. Daily you will be reminded that you are lazy because you didn’t get rid of it when you had the chance. That, folks, is a better explanation of entitlement than those videos.

ADDENDUM
           Gag me, but I’m still listening to the audiobook on Churchill. It is factual, but those who read much know he was not the good guy the Brits would have you believe. He was cantankerous and generally got away with a lot by railroading his opponents while they were pre-occupied with their jobs. As minister of one department, he often delivered public speeches against people in other capacities. I’m now reaching the stage of 1933, when Hitler rose and this is straining the spin masters to the limit.
           They are outdoing themselves trying to keep Churchill polished up. Churchill was elected but Hitler “captured” Germany. Hitler was trying to make Germany the strongest industrial power in Europe, whereas every sensible person knows that was the God-given privilege of the English. But worst of all, Hitler was insisting Germany had the same rights as other nations which included the right to self-defense. No self-respecting Englishman was going to have any of that. Why Hitler was building a navy and everybody knows the North Sea and the Atlantic Ocean belong to the Queen of England.

Last Laugh