Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Wednesday, January 3, 2024

January 3, 2024

Yesteryear
One year ago today: January 3, 2023, Mike’s in jail?
Five years ago today: January 3, 2019, pretending to fret.
Nine years ago today: January 3, 2015, marketing by degrees.
Random years ago today: January 3, 1982, I liked Defender.

           I got millennialized right off the bat. The Canon has no scanner software for Win 8, so I grabbed the first package that said free, VueScan. It zaps a huge watermark across the scan, which if it was a bit smaller I might just incorporate as a security feature. But it is hardly free and that is my peeve, not whatever else is brought into the conversation. It said free or in the alternative appeared when I specified free, so that gives me the right to make it free, that is, let them know I accept the free part. Hey, it’s them, not me, who made the Internet into one large scam. Their hilarious defenses means they’ve butted into this logic many a time before. I didn’t say it was wrong, I said I specified free. This pic shows what they do, and that is hardly free. If you tell me it is free, then I'm not stealing it.
           Just not now, it is 5:30AM and freezing. It looks like old Passport software meaning the hack is probably a fake email address with a crack code. But first maybe look for something that is really free. My needs are basic. I heard that fake news that CMT lost $200 billion, typical Internet hype. The company is barely worth a tenth of that. Even Taylor is only worth $990 million. So I thought I’d look up CMT stock prices. Not so fast, I could not even get their parent company, much less their stock symbol to appear on a regular Google search on that exact criteria. It’s frigid, so get comfy for some extended reading today, more if you read between the lines.

           The bad news. Somebody sideswiped the Civic and put it out of commission. It’s 100% their fault and they admitted it to the police, but that is the dreaded second incident in two months. The one I’ve expressed concern that my infrastructure cannot take repeated hits. She lent her KIA out to a girlfriend (which I had cautioned against) and now I’m awaiting news. No pictures yet. The description is the right drivers fender or quarter panel. I hope there is no frame damage but the car is not drive-able. This is not at all a good development. The Reb is okay. I believe this will put a real damper on progress for months to come.

Picture of the day.
Dubai waterslide.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           Chalk the afternoon off to a Florida-grade experience. I set out to get a haircut and pay to bills at 1:30PM and did not get back here until 5:30PM. All Florida-style delays. That’s where people on welfare and such with no depth of involvement in the society that pays their bills get first in line and drag their asses. I had wanted to finish by new wooden guitar case but the cold snap reappeared as soon as the Sun got low—and I’m out of propane, though I don’t need it when I’m up and about. I stopped at the Thrift to find one of the two ladies threw out her back and the other was in the hospital keeping an eye on things. (That’s always a wise idea due to hospital diversity hires.)
           Traffic delays meant I finished listening to “The Last Patriot”, which I would semi-recommend as it contains a lot of obscure into about the Koran you won’t hear from official sources. The plot is based on the missing final chapters of Mohammed. The theory is that those were the only passages he got directly from Allah instead of via the angel Gabriel. At that time in history, the Muslim’s income derived largely from war, slave-trading, ransom, and similar. Mohammed was assassinated by his closest circle, we can presume they were at the top of that sordid pyramid. If Mohammed was rejecting violence and evil, it would likely have impoverished the lot of them. Such tales always talk of the secret missing copy and I do know there is some scholarly research in that direction that is necessarily kept low key.
           So, listen to the disk if you want. I found it too full of stereotypes ranging from the turncoat agent who faked his own death but recanted at the end, to the girlfriend who died and came back to life by a spark. Okay, so there was no car chase or stripper bars. I doubt I would even bother to see this as a movie. The quality of the production is very good, the voices plainly read and rehearsed their parts, which is a nice touch.

           A rift has appeared in the band. The Prez is increasingly behaving like a Type A. That’s the guy that figures once you have enough time invested that you will bend to his will and learn his old material. That would be the song list that got him nowhere for the twenty years before I put him on stage. I had detected he was not putting in any real time on out agreed material—and that is one of the few democratic aspects I allow, that any band member has the veto power. That is, we only play tunes that everybody in the band agrees on. It is the only way to prevent disaffection that I know for certain works.
           He’s also doing a Hippie, becoming the “B-side Bozo”. From a working stage manager’s point of view bands like Alabama or Marshall Tucker have two or three big hits, the rest is album filler. Guess what he wants to play? Now the problem is not just the problem of agreement—it was also agreed if a song is rejected, you cannot argue the point. Tonight he was implying I was out of touch because I’ve never heard of tunes like “I’m Still Dreaming” and “This Old Cowboy”. I brought them up on youTube and they are not suitable, made worse by the fact he has plainly not learned to listen in regard to what the other bandmembers have to play. Some of the bass lines are insufferably simplistic.

ADDENDUM
           Some stats. Of the people admitted to hospitals for COVID, 78% were “obese or overweight”. The Guardian reports a beauty contest judged by A.I. that only chose White winners. The alias for Bill Clinton on the upcoming Epstein client list is “John Doe 36”. CNN is publishing articles of “deep concern” that Trump kept a binder of information full of “national security secrets”, a binder of information that exposes the true nature of the Russia Hoax. Hmmm, why would a newspaper be so concerned about a declassified binder.

Last Laugh