Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Wednesday, June 5, 2024

June 5, 2024

Yesteryear
One year ago today: June 5, 2023, this memory lock.
Five years ago today: June 5, 2019, a clean cat box.
Nine years ago today: June 5, 2015, I’ve no small gears.
Random years ago today: June 5, 2014, plastic razor blades.

           A continuation of last day with the tubes. More than ever, eBay is geared to selling one item at a time, or a matching set at once. I’ve listed only 78 tubes in two days only to realize this approach is not going to work. Since I figure I’m not the only one, there must be a way to make a template, just don’t expect eBay to put any real effort into it. It’s evident they spent the last twenty years making sure they don’t have to do very much new work. My logic says if they are true millennials, instead of making a template, they will make up a way to shove the work on to somebody else. Now, that would be the user. So let me throw some chicken and muffins in the oven and go find their so-called help site which will really be a help yourself.
           How do I know they have this feature? Simple, they already have a lame “similar” way to list. It sucks because there is no way to see what you’ve already changed more than one way to click on the wrong spot and wipe out all your current work. Moments later, the template is lame as hell. It’s just text boxes that appear in a somewhat better order than the other input page. Very low-effort. If there is a way to get at the HTML, I’ll find it but I don’t imagine eBay would leave such a hole in the fence, so to speak
           If you are wondering, who is this guy, don’t miss tomorrow’s blog, where I propose another national holiday as a memorial to an unsung hero who unwittingly served as the father of our modern world. Overlooked and forgotten, he was, despite possessing 99% of the qualities and principles that today are part and parcel of America’s daily life. This man was on the scene long before PeeWee Herman ever slipped his hand under the covers of the live-at-home platoons and I intend to do my part to see Fred gets at least some of the credit.

           Last evening was the Festus meet-up, but due to lack of enough coffee, we watched a one –hour episode with Chester, who I never could believe was paid to act. The theme was pretty good, which was explained later when Kitty made an appearance. She was about 15 years younger, meaning it was one of the first plots. Some bigshot from Washington has a theory Dodge City is a roughhouse because old Matt isn’t doing his job. He imposes a no-gun law.
           Matt rescues him from a tar & feathering and they call a truce. Intense stuff for the audiences of the day. The neighbor says he knows the Legion from a while back and can possibly get a few carloads to show up, all members. Myself, I’m asking if my band is ready, I did push the Prez along to get to this point. But he was trying out part time jobs like working at the car auction. I need him making money in the band asap, which may be sporadic and at times lean, but until you get that first $100 in your pocket, you don’t realize it is the easiest money you’ll ever make.
           Which reminds me I stopped in to check on Cher, remind me she works Mondays. Rumor is she is not doing well. This is not fair.

Picture of the day.
Taylor in Europe.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           The latest news from Tennessee is how the company has stayed on. I don’t mind them, but they are Democrats. This is not an issue since the Reb & I won’t discuss politics with outsiders, but it does give them a demeanor. You know, if you ain’t part of the solution type aura. The situation is the Reb needs to spend a week in California pretty soon here. So I’ve marked down leaving here as soon as June 27th for probably a couple weeks. Unlike years ago, this allows for many days of overlap that we are present together. It reinforces the unspoken guidelines of who is in charge, but very mildly.
           Another abrasion is others tending the dogs. While everyone loves them and is good to them, the treatment is different from either the Rib or I and the doggies know it. Reb will time to time point out situations like how the dogs will not leave the house unleashed with anybody except me, but it only elicits a sort of “that’s neat” reaction. Put another way, if the dog won’t go through the door with you unless he’s dragged on a leash, the Reb is going to notice. It’s never bad or anything like that, but let’s just say it is best for the pets if I’m there when she’s not. This goes back a lot of years already.
           This curious photo shows an elephant being given the MillerTest. The goal is simple, which animals exhibit self-awareness by recognizing themselves in a mirror. This is only part of the test to ensure the subject is not must reacting to instincts or behavioral signals.

           Rehearsal was on fleek,or is that already a dated term? We’ve done our homework, to it was routine to sort our material into dance tunes, and we plowed through three hours of tunes il less that two. We are ready and the gig, win or lose, will be heap fun. I’m basing plenty on how the club described what they don’t want. We have selected 32 dance tunes from the era. That means Hank, Merle, Johnny, and Willie, with a little Jimmy and Willie. If we fail, I will consider it a personal failure.
           There’s more. Remember that excellent mandolin player from Tennessee? He’s booked this weekend at the old club in Bartow. I will be there, but first remind me the repaired bass is still acting up. There is a partial open somewhere in the circuit. I cannot find it. That mean $75 gone tomorrow if one more inspection fails. Remember the fire three weeks ago? It did not look that bad from the street, but today the lady showed me the damage. It’s a write-off, all the interior walls are gone.
           Few places in this area of town are insured. Structure before 1960 are more expensive to cover than they are worth. Unless they meet code, which will not happen. She is going to demolish the shell and sell the vacant lot. Am I allowed to hope it stays vacant a long time?

ADDENDUM
           What’s this? An article on tips how not to feel lonely when traveling alone. This I must read because although solo travel never stops me, I understand how many fear not belonging to a group. For clarity, I understand the lonliness, but I’m not seeking methods to conquer or avoid being alone. It says here go to crowded markets. Go to a bar, or read a book at a restaurant and chat with the staff. Or instead learn to enjoy the lone time.
Nope, this article doesn’t have much to offer me. How about you talk the band into letting you on stage and it the room with stunning rendition of Jimmy Buffet. Let me check, no, that is not on their suggestion list.
           How about Taylor’s sell-out European tour? I knew she was the one for me long ago, but she needs time to realize it. I’ve never wavered in my support for the lady, even if she did stop singing the right kind of music. Of course she’s single and hating it, you think guys like me grow on trees? Give the gal time to work things through, dammit.            What’s this, a picture of my stunt double reading a Taylor fan magazine last weekend? If so, he carried it over to the Romance section and posed with it. Maybe he’s creating documentary proof she’s the one, you know, in case she’s like most ladies who can’t believe they’ve never met anyone like me before. They must not get around much. Much of the Taylor backlash lately is her politics, but that’s because most American men have not learned like me to turn women’s politics to my own advantage no matter what. And the few you is because they are so reprehensible that you don’t bother. There, I said it.

Last Laugh