Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Tuesday, July 21, 2026

July 21, 2026

Yesteryear
One year ago today: July 21, 2025, Foolish.
Five years ago today: July 21, 2021, regarded as normal.
Nine years ago today: July 21, 2017, strumming at the “Bicycle Shop”.
Random years ago today: July 21, 2013, blah.

           Dang, knowing that Dell will fire up, I used the early morning cool to shoot you a couple short videos. I normally trim off the start and stop footage. Today, the latest version of MovieMaker, which I do not want, clobbered my legacy version, and will not even let it open. Screw you GenX types. They lack any ability to create value is beneath disgusting. The best they can manage is to rope off an existing lot and charge for valet parking. And fancy themselves clever, how did those over-30s ever miss that one? Not one new invention or original concept in 30 years. Oh, that’s right, I keep forgetting their grandmother stole all the good ideas.
           Tennessee, what a mess. The options are walk away or potentially throw good money after bad. The first choice carefully avoids the topic that life expectancy can really damper starting over. Myself, I’m leaning toward continuing as luck is rarely totally bad if you go the distance. I sloshed an hour of this situation around in my head, but also make up this bracket for the dowel cutting kit.

           About now I’m seeing that it takes five business days for a first class letter to reach Nashville. I had fun today building the case for the dowel maker kit. Top panel shows the “dies” for different diameters, these arrived back in foam. The bottom pane shows the dies fitted into a wooden bracket of my own design. There is room in the case for other parts, plus a set of five blanks corresponding to the sizes of wood for each of the dowels.
           There are two dies for each size, a slightly larger coarse cut, then a smoothing cut of exact diameter. I have not used these yet, the achievement for me is this is my finest “instrument case” so far. Built to spec rather than just allowing generous proportions that I knew would fit. Looks pretty good to me.

Picture of the day.
OK Coral, today.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           Festus walked across a desert with some old guy carrying gold We had Part 2 and no recording of Part 1, so I take it Matt and Newly were tracking him. The neighbor’s maid is now also his cook so he’s got roasts and whole chickens he don’t know what to do with. He’s noticed I’m absent from the shed a lot. From my viewpoint, I’m there quite a bit. I assemble four fake boxes after the movie and still had some energy to go for a beer. That’s been a while.
           But I was on the phone over an hour and my vote is that we carry on. A lot of things will have to be paid for over again. The recording studios are keen on concert touring experience and we do not have this. It’s kind of their backup plan that you prove you can do the circuit in case the album goes big time. Mostly, we offer that radio play and that has done well. To distract myself, I took along some plotting sheets.
           Sure enough, the joint was dead except for a couple housewives playing pool. I had a list of DR (dead reckoning) spots and decided to finally just plot so many of them that the problems solve themselves. The instructions are so contradictory the best path, was my thinking, to just do it until a system emerged that I can use. I was partially successful and now have 8 sheets of mistakes to go back and argue with badly written text.

           Around 4:00PM I experienced very strong cravings for cereal. Nothing like this in my life before. I ate all that I had in the house, granola, shredded wheat, toasted oats. My system is changing, cereal is mostly harmless. The time to worry is the cheeto munchies. I have some nostalgia. It was some 35 years ago and I used to like playing the original satellite trivia game, called NTN. That is a long story, the people I met, the women I dated, and the fun of, well, knowing that just walking in could dismay players addicted to it all day.
           The reason I stopped is well-told. They changed the format from real trivia to TV trivia and I moved on. I have, over time, found locations that still have it, but it is not the same game. Well, some people at the club were talking about this game app and I now know what happened to NTN. They are now called Buzztime. They folded in England but still have 3,800 locations stateside. Near by is an updated, but to me, entirely recognizable game console.

Last Laugh