Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Friday, August 28, 2026

August 28, 2026

Yesteryear
One year ago today: August 28, 2025, metal tubes.
Five years ago today: August 28, 2021, yep, cramps.
Nine years ago today: August 28, 2017, sandwich wrapper?
Random years ago today: August 28, xxxx, WIP

           The birdies sure love the kudzu canopy, particularly when the mister is on. The vines are only part way across, but it so far creates I’d say 25% shade. See, Nature knows the correct ratios. Y’day was another indicator of how PPP’s stack up to snag the unaware. Normally, I would do chasing around in advance, but I had to hit the bank first and double back to the post office, in all of my 125 mile driving budget remaining, I used up 80 of it (exactly) driving around in circles. I was over to the Thrift for a garden hose and such to find another surprise blood bank thing. They block the road and close for the day. I’ll try again this morning.
           Running some numbers last evening gave me a scare. The Deep State has been messing with the food supply chain for quite some years now. And [they are] spending a lot of money getting everybody’s data on file. I have another PPP for you. My office A/C needs replacing, which will cost $200. Meanwhile, I don’t dare turn the unit off or it may not start again. Thus, it is running 24/7, raising my electric bill, which delays getting the new unit. Round and round she goes. That is how PPP works, my friends.
T           he featured photo is one of several containers I have of spray nozzles. Because they clog easily, I keep a supply soaking in mineral oil to stay working. I have a new spray can, shown below. Not one of these 40+ nozzles fit. Not one. And nope, those spray gun thingees do not work, they only depress the nozzle that is already there.

           It’s still morning and I have, at this late stage in my life, a mother-hen cock-blocker situation. This happens to men at 35, not at 70. But it’s happening to me. At the Thrift, I know the check-out gal and her friend, who is about 1/4 my age.and a total small-town beauty. There is nothing between us, but she has seen and likes my boxes. She has been selling her grandfather’s comic books on-line and found, as I did, eBay is too much work. But, that changes if you can make $20 in one hour each morning. So we talk.
           Enter the skank. There’s this lady who might have been okay-looking twenty years ago in a truck-driving sort of way. I think she might be one of the warehouse helpers, most of whom are doing community service. If she sees the gal and I talking, she’s right between us with suddenly important questions. Her legs are shriveled stilts but she wears this “I’ve-still-got-it” pink shorts that make you gag. The gal and I got a few words in edgewise and I’ll be making her some samples. I didn’t get a garden hose, though I got a strobe that will stop me from forgetting the compressor on overnight. Here it is in action, it washes out when the shed lights are on, but cannot be ignored leaving the main work area.
           And another item I always wanted to try, one of those rechargeable spray cans just like the one I tried to build a couple years ago. Has a bicycle nozzle, you fill it up half-way, then hit it with 50 psi. I’ll let you know. The neighborhood kind of knows I don’t much use my recycle account, so if they have something nice, especially solid wood, they have my permission to put it in my spot. If I cannot use it, away it goes. This morning Howie was a the door. Somebody left an entire chrome shelving display unit. I have no room for something that size, so Howie now has an excellent rack for his covered porch. I think the cats will quickly find it, what a score.

           It appears Trump is going to hold rallies every day between now and the mid-Terms. Looks like he is moving in for the kill. The Amish are prepared to leave New York rather than let bureaucrats pump poison into the schoolchildren. Canada’s Prime Minister says don’t trust America. He owns a house in America and his wife and children live there. Turns out 71% of his investments are in America.
Picture of the day.
PPPM
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           Made my day, a video of the Danish police beating the crap out of some climate-changers whose real goal is to bother other people. That’s right, they know protesting does nothing. But the police, sadly, used rubber batons instead of nightsticks. But the stunned look on the woketard faces that they could not do as the please? Priceless. The US just procured rights to a lot of Venzuelan oil. That could make the place the richest in South America. You can’t run oil companies from a camper van. Did you see the Ceuta population burning out the illegals, or invaders, both are correct.
           IThe blog that dares, this time to feature a can of degreaser that does not work, at least not on gummed up sawblades. I want an 8-inch “plywood” blade on the chop saw to make finer edges. But always test first if you can and I found this 7-1/1”. That size will not miter cut most of the boards I use. See here, the only test blade I have is impossibly tarred up and it will not dissolve. I’m not gonna get a break on this one, those blades are expensive.

ADDENDUM
           Do you remember last year when I paid for an injuction? Let me give you an example of how corrupt the American legal system has become under the Democrats. I want the injunction extended for a year. They won’t do it. They will, however, for the same price, issue a new injuction, but only for three months. It amounts to paying for the same injuction twice. Oh, and the reason for only three months? Because I cannot present any grounds that the other party has “increased the harm”. They couldn’t because I had an injunction, you morons!
           IDid you get that news item about Di Nero whining that his property taxes went up? He spend a fortune getting a communist elected, but I guess he figured that meant everybody except him. Ha, wait until he finds out what “equal pay” means. Later, I did not make it to the silver shop on time, so I made up the difference from my own checking account. And I have $31 left over. But I’ve put 113 miles on the van meaning I’ve gained nothing.

           Keeping my age-old promise to report the “superlatives” of each day, good or bad, here’s today’s offerings. I finally picked up some new shower curtain rings—in metal. Actually, that is rare in Florida. I cut a dozen labels on the laser. To the trained eye, those look an awful lot like Harbor Freight wood biscuits. Hey, that is one of my least-used tools. The finished product is for looks, not strength. It’s 96°F so let’s find a streaming movie, even a dull-themed millennial remake will do. That’s when they are too dense to come up with anything new, so they find an old movie and have a computer add special effects and pretend it is new.
           An verified report has it rare book dealers have been receiving unusually large orders from Amazon. They placed Apple air tags in some and traced them to a huge A.I. facility that scans the books, then shreds them.

Last Laugh

           x margin-bottom: 0em; margin-right: 1em; margin-top: 1em; margin-left: 1em; ‽ √ ° é ȼ